Acceptable Season Outcome

fkzdiceman

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, since the season is practically upon us, what is an acceptable outcome for you?

1. It might be a bridge too far to go from triple digit offensive output to number 1, but if we can't crack the top 25 in offense in year three of this regime, it is time for change.

2. Decent QB play. I'm not asking for Heisman type numbers, but I want to see some exciting play out of that position, and not for the other team.

3. Taking 2 out of 3 from UGA, FSU and Tenn. Even Spurrier didn't win em all, well except again UGA, but at least he had #1 and #2 down, so his teams were fun to watch.

Just my $.02. What say you?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we have good OLine play we'll be fine. We don't have great QBs, so they won't play that way. Game manager at QB with a strong running game will get us back to Atlanta, provided no serious injuries occur. Need the defense to stay off the field if we expect to do anything.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I don't believe in just looking at rankings. I want an effective team with all the various aspects contributing. I want good play then we will get the results that we have earned.

Both the offense and special teams (punt returns and punt blocks) need improvements. Our kicking game is good, as is our defense.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
1. Can't see that much improvement
2. In year three, there no more excuses not to have competent QB play and at least 2 options at QB.
3. One of the 2 needs to be Fsu , I realize that's going to be the toughest to win, but I feel that one would help us much more immediately than the others. We need to take this state back or at least pull even first, before we can take the next step. The recruiting dividends would be enormous in this talent rich state.

fkzdiceman

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just felt like talking some Gator football. I think we will either have a good year or a new coach next year, so I'm more excited than I've been in a few years sad to say.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just felt like talking some Gator football. I think we will either have a good year or a new coach next year, so I'm more excited than I've been in a few years sad to say.

I think you might be disappointed on that unless we were to go like 6-6 with a bad offense again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Improved offense, offensive line, and qb play. Sustained defensive play at a moderately high level (no significant drop off), serious improvement from ST outside of kicker and punter (those are the only 2 worth a darn thus far). And last but definitely not least, no more fleecings from bama and fsu, and certainly no more from any lesser teams. Stop the blowout losses and incompetent on field performances.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:deadhorse:
See my other posts, I'm tired of my wife calling our plays and laughing... just saying

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Defend the Swamp and everything should take care of itself...Mac is 11-1 in the Swamp, this is probably the one shining light so far in the last 3 seasons.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like 10 wins and to be competitive in the losses.

Stats don't mean a lot but I think we will throw for 3000+ yards this season... That's only 220 per 14 games, doesn't seem like too much to me.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016

Stats don't mean a lot but I think we will throw for 3000+ yards this season... That's only 220 per 14 games, doesn't seem like too much to me.
do you think that this will be accomplished by one QB or two?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

We averaged 216 this past season. So we get an extra 6 inches or so per pass this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Acceptable? Nothing short of a shot at a conference championship should be considered acceptable at UF. That said, realistically I don't expect it. 8-4 is my best guess and whether I like it or not, Mac will return in 2018. Let's just hope he can hold this class together and not get embarrassed again against teams with a pulse...or Butch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.