Adam Shuler & David Reese Appreciation Thread

leogator

May 5, 2018
While I don't want to slight anybody else on defense, I want to highlight these two guys' performance: David Reese 11 tackles, 2 unassisted, .5 TFL, Adam Shuler 9 and 2, 1TFL, 1 QB hurry. Kyree Campbell also played well: 7 tackles 1 unassisted.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shuler was a beast.

Chicks love sacks but runstooping beast is where it is at.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And dont forget CJ, Stewart and Edwards. Good games from them. Not a bad day by Trey and he had probably the toughest assignment (bc they were not allowingnus to cover their best receiver w Hendo).

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
While I don't want to slight anybody else on offense, I want to highlight these two guys' performance: David Reese 11 tackles, 2 unassisted, .5 TFL, Adam Shuler 9 and 2, 1TFL, 1 QB hurry. Kyree Campbell also played well: 7 tackles 1 unassisted.

So glad they didn’t throw Reese out on bogus targeting call that first series. That may have had a big impact on game since he was a huge part of the best our D has looked in years

Last edited:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Where has Shuler been all season? Maybe it’s my habit to drink 1/2 a bottle of Woodford before a game, but I don’t remember seeing him in other games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where has Shuler been all season? Maybe it’s my habit to drink 1/2 a bottle of Woodford before a game, but I don’t remember seeing him in other games.
Younshould probably remember him struggling vs Chas Southern w the third team. He had a bunch of missed tackles.

leogator

May 5, 2018
He was pretty good against Colorado State but his stats don't reflect it. Just remember that he joined the Gators right before training camp and had not been under Savage's S&C or the installation of defense in the spring. So he was behind others.

In general, the defense played hard and fast!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Concur on this thread and Reese will be important this coming weekend. When we play a spread team, Reese then becomes a liability, but we still need him against MSU, UGA, LSU etc.

speaking of the D, I am sorry to say this, but Jefferson appears to have mailed it in. Yes every now and then he shows up in the pile, but I personally do not see 100% effort on every play he is in there. And none of those guys are in a lot b/c they are rotating more than enough.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concur on this thread and Reese will be important this coming weekend. When we play a spread team, Reese then becomes a liability, but we still need him against MSU, UGA, LSU etc.

speaking of the D, I am sorry to say this, but Jefferson appears to have mailed it in. Yes every now and then he shows up in the pile, but I personally do not see 100% effort on every play he is in there. And none of those guys are in a lot b/c they are rotating more than enough.

I wonder if the shoulder has healed right or if his attitude is impacted by it.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So MLB is an important position? Gotta remember that one.

Saw so many good open field tackles yesterday. Compared to the nightmare against Kintucky it was like watching a completely different team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We may have to finally admit that Grantham is not a complete waste. The guys got after it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And dont forget CJ, Stewart and Edwards. Good games from them. Not a bad day by Trey and he had probably the toughest assignment (bc they were not allowingnus to cover their best receiver w Hendo).
Rayshad had a good day too.

CJ is a stud. Edwards and Stewart played lights out.

That goal line stop by Jackson was fantastic.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
From where did Shuler come?

We may have to finally admit that Grantham is not a complete waste. The guys got after it.
Pretty clear he was plain vanilla first three games while he developed the blitzes, stunts, scheme. Understandable. The players weren't ready for his complex defense and now he is opening it up more. The good news is he can sell his scheme because it's fun, aggressive, and NFL-like.

One thing worth noting, all the guys on D we are impressed with were 4 star types except I believe for Reese. It pays to recruit top HS talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator