Advent started yesterday, be intentionally THANKFUL

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Now I was raised Southern Baptist and seasons like Lent and Advent weren't much observed. But I think taking some time to reflect on why Jesus came to be our Christ and Savior is worth a few minutes every day until Christmas. Yesterday we attended worship, worked at our church "jobs" for an hour or so, went to brunch with friends, took birthday dinner and presents to a single lady who was in my Sunday School class, went to the theater and watched "The Chosen, Season 3" premiere and then came home. You know in not one minute of the day did I bitch or moan about football, basketball or Joe Biden. So for Day 1 or Advent, I am thankful that Jesus the Christ has made me a member of His family.

Today I had to drive to town for a ortho appointment to check my aged shoulder. It is getting better and the physical therapy is working. I am thankful for medical professional guided by the knowledge and wisdom for God. On the way home I stopped at Sam's to return an item and the the gate keeper let me in 7 minutes early and wished me Merry Christmas. The return counter was empty and the clerk cordial. Thank you Lord for pleasant and courteous folks. On the way home Casting Crowns was singing "Scars in Heaven" on SiriusXM, the Message. Some of you know the story of my daughter so the idea of smiling and tear at the same time makes sense. I am so thankful that the only scars in Heaven are the ones my Savior carries because He loves us enough to suffer and die for us. More to follow tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.