After a 3-36 coaching record, the Browns fire Hue Jackson. Will they lure Meyer?

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland's problem is not who"s the coach at any particular moment...

Jackson will be the team's fifth head coach since 2010. No one churns out coaches like the Factory of Sadness. Not only will Jackson be the Browns' eighth coach since the team re-entered the league in 1999, but he'll also be the team's fifth head coach in just six years. Jackson follows in the footsteps of Mike Pettine, Rob Chudzinski, Pat Shurmur and Eric Mangini, who have all coached the Browns since 2010.

Last edited:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Dave Beaty now has the last laugh as the worst football coach in America

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How can you go 0-16 and keep your job in the NFL, regardless of circumstances? Think about it: Any person or object on Earth could have had the same record.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Tough break for Jackson. A couple of bounces the other way here or there, and you never know what could've been.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I hear they maybe looking at Urban:burn:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hear they maybe looking at Urban:burn:
Actually that's interesting. I never pictured Urban as a pro coach but it could solve some things for him right now:

1) Gets to bail out on his currently situation
2) No more college recruiting and crapola

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Todd Haley is gone too.
This is actually very surprising because the talk on the street was Haley wanted the HC job and an interim HC for the rest of the year would have made sense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Actually that's interesting. I never pictured Urban as a pro coach but it could solve some things for him right now:

1) Gets to bail out on his currently situation
2) No more college recruiting and crapola

It would probably lead to a quicker heart attack...or whatever medical condition he allegedly has.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hearing that Lincoln Riley might be who they are going after, especially since there are reports that the Cowboys might be after him as well.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is actually very surprising because the talk on the street was Haley wanted the HC job and an interim HC for the rest of the year would have made sense.

The word that is being spilled out on NFL network, is the basis of the firing is the friction between Hue and Haley, and they didn't want to put Mayfield between them. So cut ties with both.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The word that is being spilled out on NFL network, is the basis of the firing is the friction between Hue and Haley, and they didn't want to put Mayfield between them. So cut ties with both.
If one is fired then Mayfield is no longer between them. So why fire both? :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator