After Shannon claimed they were "mis-hit", Pinero says he kicked all 5 kickoffs short on purpose

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=8347&type=Archive

So, Eddy decided on his own to short kick 5 kick-offs... :wtf: is going on with these knuckleheads??? Then he publicly states it on videotape after Shannon had publicly stated on videotape that Eddy had miss-hit 5 kickoffs.
Who the hell is running this football team?
"And yet, they made a choice!"

I think as this season finishes and unfolds, we'll keep seeing examples of just how much damage Jim McElwain and his culture have done to our football program. In most of the football programs I know, players aren't allowed to make decisions like this; rather, they are to carry out orders from the staff pertaining to making the game plan work. I've seen players do this kind of thing when there is change and in every case, the guy(s) now in charge snatch a knot in that @ss so that any freelancing is discontinued. It'll be interesting to see if Shannon can correct. If not, just one more issue for the FNG to deal with.

:facepalm: Never thought I'd ever want a football season to end!

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
"And yet, they made a choice!"

I think as this season finishes and unfolds, we'll keep seeing examples of just how much damage Jim McElwain and his culture have done to our football program. In most of the football programs I know, players aren't allowed to make decisions like this; rather, they are to carry out orders from the staff pertaining to making the game plan work. I've seen players do this kind of thing when there is change and in every case, the guy(s) now in charge snatch a knot in that @ss so that any freelancing is discontinued. It'll be interesting to see if Shannon can correct. If not, just one more issue for the FNG to deal with.

:facepalm: Never thought I'd ever want a football season to end!
I wonder how many the new HC will have to show the door before discipline returns.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Following what @LagoonGator68 posted...so the kicker decides on his own to try and high kick it to pin them inside the 5??!! Did he think they were going to fair catch them? Also states that he felt like he lost his best friend when McElwain was fired!! Don't think we have to look much further for answers to our questions about why we are playing like we are playing.

upload_2017-11-7_7-29-4.jpeg

That buffoon was running this program like a hippie commune. :mad:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Following what @LagoonGator68 posted...so the kicker decides on his own to try and high kick it to pin them inside the 5??!! Did he think they were going to fair catch them? Also states that he felt like he lost his best friend when McElwain was fired!! Don't think we have to look much further for answers to our questions about why we are playing like we are playing.

I guess that confirms the ineptitude of our Special Teams "coach."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I moved these posts from another thread because this one deserved its own.

Pinero says he did it without saying anything to the coaches, and didn't get in any trouble for it. He says it's what McElwain would have liked to seen him try.

It's astounding. Be sure to watch that short video clip on it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have to comment some more on this.

-Pinero decides to kick short without telling any of the coaches OR his teammates what he's going to do. Don't you think they may have like to have known his strategy as they are covering the kick?

-After the FIRST time this happened, Nord or Shannon or somebody should have asked him WTF he was doing and not to do it again. It happens FOUR MORE TIMES.

-Pinero says he didn't get in trouble for this. Sounds about right. The remaining coaches have completely checked out.

-Shannon in post-game says specifically that Pinero "mis-hit" five kicks.....did he really not know or was that a lie?

What a cluster**** this program is right now.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wow.....just......wow.

Spin up the dentist.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
And yet, the coaches apparently didn't tell him to not do that or sit his ass on the bench.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I'd heard the rumors about how close they were, but their matching tattoos took the player/coach relationship to a whole 'nother and uncomfortable level.

lifebuzz-983a1fedf9e8dec8f3a883605b848b29-thumb_400.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'd heard the rumors about how close they were, but their matching tattoos took the player/coach relationship to a whole 'nother and uncomfortable level.

lifebuzz-983a1fedf9e8dec8f3a883605b848b29-thumb_400.jpg

:lmao:
I think I just wet myself.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bench his ass, along with all the other quitters. Put in the scout team... at least they will give some effort.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have to comment some more on this.

-Pinero decides to kick short without telling any of the coaches OR his teammates what he's going to do. Don't you think they may have like to have known his strategy as they are covering the kick?

-After the FIRST time this happened, Nord or Shannon or somebody should have asked him WTF he was doing and not to do it again. It happens FOUR MORE TIMES.

-Pinero says he didn't get in trouble for this. Sounds about right. The remaining coaches have completely checked out.

-Shannon in post-game says specifically that Pinero "mis-hit" five kicks.....did he really not know or was that a lie?

What a cluster**** this program is right now.

I'm reminded of the time when Callaway continued to fair catch punts around the 5 yard line last year. No one told him to stop so he kept doing it. It's astounding how little coaching these coaches actually did during games. Nord may be the worst UF assistant coach in history. Special teams have been disastrous under him, and that's on a good day.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Its nice yet again for the fans to be validated in what we've been saying for the past almost 3 years, which is Mac wanted to be their buddy instead of their leader.

Pinhead should be benched and every other quitter should be benched or thrown off the team. This is the most worthless group of Gators ever assembled. Rip the bandage off and move on.

I've been a fan since I was 7 in 1990, I'm an alumnus class of 2004, and I've been a booster and season ticket holder, and I am ashamed of these players. Quitters and losers.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm reminded of the time when Callaway continued to fair catch punts around the 5 yard line last year. No one told him to stop so he kept doing it. It's astounding how little coaching these coaches actually did during games. Nord may be the worst UF assistant coach in history. Special teams have been disastrous under him, and that's on a good day.

And McElwain gave him a pay raise AND contract extension!! WTF??

I can't believe Nussmeir and Nord were allowed back. I've said this plenty of times, but Butters sealed his fate w/ those two.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And McElwain gave him a pay raise AND contract extension!! WTF??

I can't believe Nussmeir and Nord were allowed back. I've said this plenty of times, but Butters sealed his fate w/ those two.

Attitude and loyalty to the wrong people ended his career at Florida.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, the truth is Mac didn't care about these guys.

If he did he would have taught them how to succeed on the field, how to be mature and disciplined, how to work hard and always get better.

Mac has serious emotional issues and should not be around young men or women.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Embarrassment. Kid should be benched. I don't expect another win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.