Agreed, Mac Ain't It. Who is then?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For a breeze of fresh heir, who takes over our program?
Give each supporting statement a likelihood rating of 1-10. = Likelihood of outperforming Mac & others at coaching, at recruiting, at inspiring, etc.

This should give us upbeat stuff to post-apply to solve our failures.? Should be interesting to see
whose names get listed + that total probability score. Any poster can suggest several names.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It has to be a proven recruiter. Needs to have a solid record as a HC...preferably from a P5 school. Negotiations need to be done with absolute secrecy, otherwise we're gonna end up settling on Derek Dooley after numerous public humiliations. Where have I seen this before? :scratchhead:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think someone like Fedora might be our best option. He wouldn't be a splashy hire, but he'd definitely be an upgrade.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I though Gruden was already in negotiations?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think someone like Fedora might be our best option. He wouldn't be a splashy hire, but he'd definitely be an upgrade.

Along splashy hire lines, what made Kirby Smart a splashy hire or was he that?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Along splashy hire lines, what made Kirby Smart a splashy hire or was he that?
He was they guy they WANTED. That made him sorta splashy because they had their target picked out before they pulled the trigger on Richt.
Personally, that hire would've scared the hell outta me because of WM's failure, but he sure is stockpiling some talent and somehow convinced 4 juniors to return for their senior year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He was they guy they WANTED. That made him sorta splashy because they had their target picked out before they pulled the trigger on Richt.
Personally, that hire would've scared the hell outta me because of WM's failure, but he sure is stockpiling some talent and somehow convinced 4 juniors to return for their senior year.

Never thought of that plus: getting NFL calibre players to come back. That's big.
Joy-generating recruiting. Already got a fine QB as a sophomore with a full 12 games of
experience. (Coming back next season, how many games of experience does LDR have?
Franks? Trask?)

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dwags gonna shock the world next year.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia has one big problem in my opinion. Their OC is terrible at play calling. If everything everyone on this board says about Nuss is true, it doesn't matter if we can recruit or not and I think Georgia is in the same boat.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I though Gruden was already in negotiations?

He was last time we had an opening. Meetings were at Brad Culpepper's house. Foley cheaped out on the assistant coaches salary pool, though and that was the end of that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Eason figures out how to play at this level, they'll run through the East like a hot knife through butter.

He didnt do that bad being a freshman and having hardly no running game until the bowl game.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Unfortunately the guys I would like have a low probability of ever coming here.

Out of 1 in 10 chance:

Chip Kelly - 5 (we're too cheap)
Art Briles - 4 (he'd come but we won't offer)
Josh McDaniels - 2
Bill Cowher - <1
Scott Frost - 7 (probably the type of guy we'll get)
Kyle Wittingham - 4 (the last Utah coach wasn't too bad)
Les Miles - 7 (we've still got natural grass)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The big targets should be Justin Fuente and Chip Kelly. If someone beats us to Kelly or we can't pull Fuente away from blacksburg, we're gonna have to look for another up and comer.
Philip Montomery,PJ Fleck ,Neal brown, Mike Norvell and Jeff Brohm would be guys I'd be looking at pending on how their seasons go next year.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
A name i haven't heard on the board is Gary Patterson from TCU. He has no ties to TCU and is very balanced between offense and defense. I think he be a good hire right now and maybe he's ready for a change.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
were not breaking the bank until the new AD shows me otherwise. We end up with Frost after one of our rivals ponies up big money for the guy we really want.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately the guys I would like have a low probability of ever coming here.

Out of 1 in 10 chance:

Chip Kelly - 5 (we're too cheap)
Art Briles - 4 (he'd come but we won't offer)
Josh McDaniels - 2
Bill Cowher - <1
Scott Frost - 7 (probably the type of guy we'll get)
Kyle Wittingham - 4 (the last Utah coach wasn't too bad)
Les Miles - 7 (we've still got natural grass)

Lol see this is funny stuff. This is why you keep Mac for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.