Ahmad Fulwood

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did I miss an injury or suspension reprt on this guy or just completely miss him when he is out there? I havent heard anything about him in a while and there is no way Pittman should be seeing the field before Ahmad. He is one of the few pairs of reliable hands on the team. Seems like he has a knack for picking up 3rd downs.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Yeah what happened to him? All we heard last year is how good that these Robinson and he will be and nothing!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Before the UT game:

UNOFFICIAL
DEPTH CHART NOTES

A couple of interesting changes have been made to the unofficial depth chart provided as part of the Gators’ pre-game notes for Saturday’s contest, so think of the notes below more as a starting off point for Florida rather than a definitive list of position changes ahead of the game.
– Sophomore Demarcus Robinson is now listed as the starting X wide receiver, replacing redshirt senior Quinton Dunbar, who is now taking over for sophomore Ahmad Fulwood as the starting Z receiver

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/10/03/201...pared-for-tennessee-volunteers/#ixzz3FN2e2dhO

I wonder what happened.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unless he is suspended, he has to be better than some of the guys we are putting out there.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Just my two cents, but I noticed during the Eastern Michigan and Kentucky games, that Fulwood couldn't make anyone miss in open space. Dunbar, Debose, Robinson, and even Pittman (when he catches the ball) can all make somebody miss in open space. I think that is what has led to Fulwoods disappearance in the offense. Maybe we should get him in, in the red zone as he is 6'5.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't care less about making someone miss in open space... Just go and catch the dang ball...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I love Leak. But if he can't get better performance from Fulwood and Robinson, then he is not doing his job. Pittman's drops are also killing me. We need better/more production from our WRs.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n70497 said:
I love Leak. But if he can't get better performance from Fulwood and Robinson, then he is not doing his job. Pittman's drops are also killing me. We need better/more production from our WRs.

Pittman is not not a Div I starting slot receiver. Period. How the hell hasn't Bailey or Thompson replaced him? Worton's out - What about pulling the redshirt from Sousa?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would much rather have Fulwood out there than Dunbar. He has had a really rough time with drops this year. Ahmad may not be the shiftiest guy in the world but he finds a way to get separation and he catches the ball. Worton coming back from injury ought to get Pittman off the field, and I guess we can now answer the question of which hyped guy from camp will completely disappear. That would be Chris Thompson.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n70558 said:
Pittman is not not a Div I starting slot receiver. Period. How the hell hasn't Bailey or Thompson replaced him?

No inside info here, but I'm guessing they have no arms.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n70493 said:
I couldn't care less about making someone miss in open space... Just go and catch the dang ball...

The problem with that is that when Driskel's in the game he only throws the ball 2 or 3 yards down the field with any accuracy, therefore if you don't make somebody miss you get tackled for a 2 or 3 yard gain.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Seems like we could get some mismatches with Fulwood in the slot. We are getting nothing out of the position presently. When's Worton due back?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Again with the seniority crap - Dunbar is a #3 receiver. Fullwood has caught everything coming his way.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This receivers are never hit in stride and when they are they're 10 feet away and Driskel throws it hard enough to puncture someone's lungs. We would see a drastic improvement in our receivers with a better qb.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Except Pittman. He's not a division one football player. He wasn't even that good or a highschool football player. I'll never understand why or how he's on scholarship.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n71005 said:
This receivers are never hit in stride and when they are they're 10 feet away and Driskel throws it hard enough to puncture someone's lungs. We would see a drastic improvement in our receivers with a better qb.

That happened at times, but most of the balls that are dropped are in those situations. especially in the first quarter of Saturdays game. Jeff does throw with some heat, and one of his picks on Saturday were from one of his fastballs. But we have an abnormal number of drops from a squad this talented.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n70497 said:

The OC can't get the HC to replace the QB (or even give reps to the backup) until HC is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis (imagine my fingers nearly touching) but the GA turned position coach is going to be able to replace Pittman?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n70447 said:
Just my two cents, but I noticed during the Eastern Michigan and Kentucky games, that Fulwood couldn't make anyone miss in open space. Dunbar, Debose, Robinson, and even Pittman (when he catches the ball) can all make somebody miss in open space. I think that is what has led to Fulwoods disappearance in the offense. Maybe we should get him in, in the red zone as he is 6'5.

We need the initial catch. The YAC would be a bonus but just a middle school catch snd fall down is fine for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator