Air raid QB's Success in the NFL

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Many of the quarterbacks on that list simply lacked the physical ability to be successful.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't care what a QB does after UF as much as what he did while he was here. I'd happily have a no NFL talent QB throw for 3,500+ a season here.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Alright - let's say you're Cleveland and you need a QB... and Jimmy Garoppolo looks like he's staying put.

Do you go with Watson? Or maybe a semi-unproven Trubisky?
Do you roll the dice on another dooshbag QB like Kelly?
Or ... take a chance on Dobbs*?

* - little known fact about Dobbs that I don't think I have ever heard mentioned.
He's an aerospace engineer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alright - let's say you're Cleveland and you need a QB... and Jimmy Garoppolo looks like he's staying put.

* - little known fact about Dobbs that I don't think I have ever heard mentioned.
Dobbs has an unfair advantage. He's got room for a brain twice the size as normal.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Don't care what a QB does after UF as much as what he did while he was here. I'd happily have a no NFL talent QB throw for 3,500+ a season here.

Exactly Franks has 10 year NFL backup written all over him. He is tall and has a big arm. That is irrevent to me unless he is a good QB for UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember going to a UF/UK game with my a good friend prosecutor. It was the Mumme days. They completed two passes and it was still 3rd and long. We were both laughing. It repeated almost endlessly throughout the game. No thanks, Air Raid spread.

As for that list, you could do it with basically anything. Clown Town QBs, Gator QBs, Meatchicken QBs, USC QBs, Big Ten QBs, prostyle QBs, option QBs, Heisman winning QBs, All American QBs, Five star QBs, Two star QBs. It doesn't matter. MOST QBs aren't successful in the NFL.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Exactly Franks has 10 year NFL backup written all over him. He is tall and has a big arm. That is irrevent to me unless he is a good QB for UF.

You have higher view of Franks than me. I see a turnover machine.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You have higher view of Franks than me. I see a turnover machine.

Lots of tall, big armed high turnover college QBs have had such careers in the NFL. All NFL coaches believe you can not teach tall or arm strength but they believe they can coach turnovers out of a college turnover machine.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Watson,without blinking. I don't like any of those other guys lasting very long in the league. Hell, I doubt Dobbs ever even sniffs the nfl. Good thing he got that fancy degree.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Watson,without blinking. I don't like any of those other guys lasting very long in the league. Hell, I doubt Dobbs ever even sniffs the nfl. Good thing he got that fancy degree.
No degree from UTooth is a fancy degree.

He spends his time folding paper airplanes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator