Al Franken used USO tours to grope female soldiers?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $287
    Ratings:
    +4,261 / -66
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/politics/al-franken-groping-allegation/index.html?sr=twCNNp113017al-franken-groping-allegation0800AMStory&CNNPolitics=Tw

(CNN) An Army veteran says Sen. Al Franken groped her in December 2003, telling CNN that while she was deployed in Kuwait, the Minnesota Democrat cupped her breast during a photo op.

Stephanie Kemplin, 41, of Maineville, Ohio, is the fifth woman in two weeks to accuse Franken of inappropriate touching, and the second person to allege that such behavior took place while Franken was on a USO tour. Three of the five women have been identified by name.

"When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast," Kemplin said in an interview. "I've never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side."

Kemplin estimated that the touching lasted anywhere from five to 10 seconds. She said she eventually turned her body to shift Franken's hand off her breast before the picture was taken.

2. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $287
    Ratings:
    +4,261 / -66
    https://theslot.jezebel.com/new-england-elected-official-says-al-franken-tried-to-g-1820849687

New England Elected Official Says Al Franken Tried to Give Her A 'Wet, Open-Mouthed Kiss' Onstage

[​IMG]

A former elected official in New England who has requested anonymity tells Jezebel that Al Franken attempted to give her a “wet, open-mouthed kiss” onstage at an event in 2006, shortly before he ran for Senate. The woman says the encounter left her “stunned and incredulous.”

In recent weeks, five women have said Franken touched them inappropriately, most notably broadcaster and model Leeann Tweeden, who described him forcibly kissing her with tongue during a USO tour and “jokingly” groping her breasts for a photo while she slept. Four women have also said that Franken groped them during photo ops, including the latest, Stephanie Kemplin, on Thursday morning. (Three women say Franken groped them while taking campaign photos, while Kemplin says he touched her breast while posing for a photo during a USO tour in 2003.) After a brief apology tour, Franken returned to work in the Senate on Monday.

The New England woman told Jezebel she came forward in an effort to encourage Franken to take responsbility for his actions, but didn’t wish to be named.

3. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $215
    Ratings:
    +3,993 / -70
    Tweeden started calling him "fish mouth" -- that will probably stick -- he is a slimy one.

4. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $210
    Ratings:
    +4,496 / -87
    I still have to ask myself, who voted for this guy? I mean even before these allegations you can just look at him and know he isn't right....What the f vck are they drinking up there....

5. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $215
    Ratings:
    +3,993 / -70
    Franken up to six accusers. The number is likely to continue to climb. Time for Franken to get the boot from the Senate and go back to telling sick jokes on Air America -- oops, I guess he was so bad, he helped drive that network into a ditch.

6. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $287
    Ratings:
    +4,261 / -66
    #6 Gator Fever, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. Scott512

Scott512 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $93
    Ratings:
    +796 / -18
    too much proof too much evidence too many women this freak needs to step down in disgrace.

8. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $215
    Ratings:
    +3,993 / -70
    Al Franken, Giant of the Senate? I thought that was a fake book cover from the Onion but no, it is a real thing. Franken, by the way, is all of 5' 6" so better characterized as both a midget and a midge-brain.

I'm surprised one of the women he groped didn't smash his teeth down his lizard-like throat.

9. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +224 / -10
    But due process for Moore? Kick em both out. I hope Moore gets elected then booted by congress. I hope the ethics committee boots Franken and Conyers. I hope that the congress is at least as responsive as the liberal media who booted out pigs. Oh but then they generally do not submit to the rules of society. They have better than Obamacare. I hate most politicians.

10. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $287
    Ratings:
    +4,261 / -66
    Big difference - Moore's accusers have a beef with him over past court rulings etc. and were recruited it appears to make these accusations. They have also been caught in several lies already.

11. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $215
    Ratings:
    +3,993 / -70
    Due process for both. But don't expect if from the Ethics Committee. And I think any Democrats speaking out against Franken will stop once the Alabama election is over. Wait and see. As far as Conyers, Pelosi and company are willing to toss him under the bus to save other colleagues who have done the same thing. This is similar to how the Keating Five scandal was handled -- one Senator was targeted to take all of the blame and the others got off.

The Moore accusations were clearly political in nature as evidenced by the time they surfaced as well as the source -- the ultra-liberal anti-Moore Washington Post. And many of the allegations against Moore -- all from some 40 years ago -- have already been discredited. And Moore has clearly denied them.

Now as far as Franken, he had obviously had to admit the groping in the photograph he arranged to have taken. And he has admitted some interaction with the first accuser which would have been impossible to deny. But he is pretty much denying the specifics of the claims from the other five (and counting) women. Since these are relatively recent events (not decades ago), either Franken has grabbed so many women that he doesn't actually recall any of them specifically or he is lying. Your choice.

12. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $202
    Ratings:
    +791 / -7
    I wonder what the count is for accused and proven sexual harassment violators, liberal verses conservative, even back to JFK.

13. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +224 / -10
    Corfman? Wrong, no motive no agenda.

14. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +224 / -10
    Corfman reported to friends, at the time it happened as corroborated, try again.

15. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $287
    Ratings:
    +4,261 / -66
    lol That is why they doctored the yearbook I guess. She lied about it causing her problems later also it appears. She was part of a court case before she claimed that happened letting the other parent take custody of her due to her behavioral issues and then came back to the previous parent after she claims the mess happened because she was behaving much better then. They are so quick to want to take someone down they don't bother looking into these accusers sometimes. You would think they would at least try to get basic timelines right about behavioral issues and the rest if they are going to make those claims to try and make the story sound better. And also at least do a better job doctoring the yearbook I would think.

16. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $215
    Ratings:
    +3,993 / -70
    The court documents conflict with Corfman's claims. Were the documents falsified?

But I guess no female teenager ever made up a story about a male and shared that story with others.

17. Traumagirl

Traumagirl Taken

Oxbucks:
    $63
    Ratings:
    +224 / -10
    You are so ignorant. Corfman had no yearbook. Newflash different accuser. I don't believe Nelson (yearbook girl), she was fake when she manufactured tears with Allred made me sick. "she" Corfman did not have a yearbook, get it straight man.

18. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $215
    Ratings:
    +3,993 / -70
    Nelson had the fake yearbook, Corfman had the story that was falsified by court documents. I don't think any of the others were more credible.

19. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $287
    Ratings:
    +4,261 / -66
    I got the names mixed up on the yearbook but the point still stands on these accusers.

20. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $257
    Ratings:
    +6,465 / -36
    The fact that there’s actually something called an “ethics committee”, that’s part of the government itself, is an irony of monumental proportion.