Al Franken used USO tours to grope female soldiers?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Nov 30, 2017.

1. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $375
    Ratings:
    +3,209 / -11
    And the list keeps growing....

2. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $375
    Ratings:
    +3,209 / -11
    Lots of calls for him to resign. Dems running to the moral high ground anticipation a possible Moore AL Win.

3. Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $340
    Ratings:
    +4,746 / -12
    Yeah but Franken takes "full responsibility" and keeps on preachin' the feminist agenda.

4. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    The Franken situation is hilarious. The party fat cats have decided they need to sacrifice him so they can continue to pursue Roy Moore and Donald Trump -- Franken will be replaced with another clone liberal so no real change in the Senate makeup. Franken is none to happy. He can't just go back to Air America -- his poor comedy killed it while he basically looted all the money they had.

I think the Democratic party had hoped to just get rid of Conyers and save Franken but new accusers keep coming in on a daily basis

5. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    They're really starting to come out of the woodwork quickly now. Here is number eight.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/06/eight-franken-groped-says-atlantic-writer/

There will be more and more until Franken steps down. And he will probably do that, if only to limit the number of accusers he is going to have to explain away in the future.

Look for him to take a year or so off and then emerge on CNN or MSNBC. He is a failed comedian but as a former Senator, he can become a news anchor on an appropriately liberal network.

#25 pilot-in-fla, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:39 PM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 10:49 PM
  6. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $158
    Ratings:
    +747 / -7
    This is really quite ground breaking, who would think that a writer for SNL, the people who would made cruel commentary disguised a jokes about conservatives an art form is being forced to resign from anything. They will cannibalise their own if cornered.

#26 Frozen Gator, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:11 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 11:46 AM
  7. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    It really is amazing. Franken has done everything a liberal sex assaulter can do to save his hide -- attack Trump on a regular basis -- check; made nice talk about supporting liberal women's causes -- check. And, as a bonus, he has even been aggressively attacking Jess Sessions.

8. gator1946

gator1946 Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $172
    Ratings:
    +1,521 / -8
    Bye Al. What in the hell made him think he was qualified for the senate in the first place? What in the hell made voters think he was qualified for the Senate in the first place. I would say that's obvious, but he's from Minnesota. Maybe I don't understand Minnesota.

9. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    He cheated to win election the first time. That was his qualification -- he was more dishonest than the other guy.

10. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    [​IMG]Harold Ford, Jr.‏ @HFord2
    In regards to news today, This simply did not happen. I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life.

10:45 AM - 7 Dec 2017

11. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
  12. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $364
    Ratings:
    +7,565 / -25
    So Franken apologized to the women he just called liars and took "full responsibility" for something he now says that he never did? Get your $h!t straight, doosh.

:jerkstore:

13. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $290
    Ratings:
    +3,094 / -52
    These are the snowflakes falling to earth. Imo, this is nothing more than victims doing what they have been told. You are a victim.

Personally I think he was trying to be humorous. Probably took it too far but was basically innocent, I.e. No real sexual attraction. Maybe some political, will to power, but this is everywhere! It happens in most relationships. See it daily.

14. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $158
    Ratings:
    +747 / -7
    agreed, the chickification of America........BTW, just saw my first advertisement on TV for legal help with sexual harassment

#34 Frozen Gator, Dec 8, 2017 at 4:04 AM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 4:15 AM
  15. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    I am starting to wonder if there is any chance Franken might not resign after all since 2 other Dems are likely not to and Moore will probably win. He didn't put a 100% exact time on it. The Nevada guy might not and I can almost assure you crooked Hastings won't resign unless the Dems literally have someone pay him off to do so. Hastings has a negative net worth now and only gets to have things due to being a congressman.

Don't be shocked if Franken used that delay tactic to see if Moore won or not on Tuesday.

16. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    You could well be right. I think the Democrats were thinking if they sacrificed Conyers and Franken, they could get Moore and have a shot at Trump. If the Moore gambit fails, I think Franken may reneg.

I do think that Franken was being honest when he initially said he didn't remember most of the accusers when the number was about four. I think he has probably grabbed hundreds of women's butts -- until the resignation speech, they were coming forward at about one per day.

The eight announced victims were pretty unhappy with Franken's non-apology and calling then liars on the Senate floor. If he doesn't go through with the resignation, there will be many more women coming forward.

17. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    Yep I am thinking that might have been some of the thinking. Announce Franken resigning in the future to try to keep Moore from winning. Now he could come back with the talking point he will resign if Moore does or something like that.

Do you know if any of this stuff happened while Franken was a Senator because that SC case that said you couldn't refuse to seat someone for something prior to the election even alluded to it not being allowed to kick someone out for something prior to their election. The House leaders even openly said in the 1890's they didn't think they could kick someone out for something prior to them being seated.

18. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    At least one of the existing groping episodes occurred after Franken was elected. If Franken renegs, I'm sure there will be many more women come out in public. I think accusing all eight victims of being liars on the Senate floor will lead to that.

I think it is hilarious that Franken doesn't think any of the groping he did was wrong.

19. Gator Fever

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    I doubt an attempted kiss could get him actually kicked out however if more don't come forward. This will get interesting if Franken backs out. I think if he does he would just be removed from his committees and serve his 3 years out with some letter at most from ethics.

20. pilot-in-fla

pilot-in-fla Deplorable
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $194
    Ratings:
    +3,971 / -70
    I can't imagine the ethics committee doing anymore more than a slap on the wrist for what Franken has been accused of so far.

As I said before, I think this is a gambit -- to pretend that Democrats care about sexual assault which, of course, they don't.

But I'm wondering if Franken told other Senate Democrats that accuser number 4 or 5 was the last and then, of course, a bunch more came forward. Drip, drip, drip...