Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
yh_72715-3.jpg

A penchant for slick

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The University of Alabama athletic department self reported 19 “levels 3 and 4 violations” to the NCAA during the 2015-16 academic calendar year, the school posted on its website Sunday evening.

The violations encompass 11 sports, including five against the football program, ranging from a former student-athlete providing free training to a current student-athlete, coaches having impermissible communication with prospective student-athletes including phone calls and text messages, and one incident where “a trophy was temporarily placed in an area where prospects taking an official visit would be, which resulted in an impermissible recruiting decoration of that area.”

The corrective action for the impermissible contact between members of the football staff and a prospective student-athlete called for the involved coach being prohibited from making recruiting calls for two weeks, no calls, recruiting materials, or electronic communication sent to the involved prospect for 30 days.

The incident involving a trophy being used as an “impermissible recruiting decoration” called for declaring the prospects involved ineligible until reinstated by NCAA, The gymnastics program self-reported two violations as did men’s basketball and soccer.

The corrective actions involved among all 19 violations included the athletic department providing additional rules education, restitution being paid back by involved student-athletes, limiting contact with prospective student-athletes and, in some cases, letters of admonishments for coaches (men’s basketball, gymnastics, soccer, director of CTP, women’s golf, and rowing).

The report did not provide if the violations were committed by head coaches or assistant coaches.

Reach Aaron Suttles at [email protected] or at 205-722-0229.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What about buying Trent Richardson's home a huge home and providing him with new cars for his entire time at Bammer?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Saban may get 1 day where he can't text recruits for those violations.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
What about buying Trent Richardson's home a huge home and providing him with new cars for his entire time at Bammer?
I never heard about that. They wouldn't really, would they?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am sure that all of the coaching staff will be thoroughly investigated and sent to bed without desert for one weekend. This will give them the opportunity to reflect on their actions and thus allow them time to think of new ways to avoid getting caught.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I betcha the NCAA really gives it to them this time. The 2016 NC I mean, not sanctions, don't be silly!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Self reporting minor violations gives the perception that the program is fairly clean other than some minor boo-boos and is self-policing quite well, no need for an investigation here. Move along, move along.

images

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
I heard Nick Saban and Bill Clinton met on the tarmac and discussed this prior to the self report

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"Look at this hand over here. Watch this hand - it's tricky over here. Keep your eyes over here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.