Alabama versus Washington Playoff Game

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My take here is about the Florida Gators.
On "SEC Now" at 7:20 am, the question was "Does Washington have the Offense to challenge Bama?
First responder said: "I have to go to the Bama-Florida game. Bama coaches told me that Florida hit
them with the most effective offensive plan of anybody they faced all year. They had guys cutting free all over the place, but it was just one of those days when Appleby couldn't see or hit the broad side of the barn."

Now, are we suppose to feel proud about that? Is that what tempered our scoring against our 10 other
opponents? Was our QB only sharp "on target" against Kentucky, where we looked like the UF of our
dreams?

Anyway, take that "SEC Now" Bama statement and unravel it - not with the over-typical downer criticism, but with some thoughtful somewhat "coach-like" analysis .... Thanks.
Follow that with opinions on the Bama v Washington breakdown and prediction guess, if you will.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Washington will hang with Bama for a quarter or so....then they split Washington's sh*t and win by 4 TD'S. Bama has way to much depth/talent in the front 7 for Washington to win. The Tide Rolls!!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the key and I said this after the SECCG. If anyone can successfully pass and deep against Bama, they're in trouble. UF did it for a while. The issue is that Bama had such a rush QB's don't have the time. In Appleby's case, he had time in some cases but couldn't connect. If Washington can hold off Bama's rush they have the ability to torch them deep and often. But.....the Huskies have not seen a D like they are going up against today. I expect Bama to get torched but they will wear them down with long drives and keep the Offense off the field.

Bama 34-24.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, will this be the "Bama as usual", the one where their 2nd string could line up and beat Washington's
first string?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, will this be the "Bama as usual", the one where their 2nd string could line up and beat Washington's
first string?

I agree. When Bama takes out or benches a 5* player the second string consist of a 4.99* player.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Ole Miss throwing all over Bama early in that game this year?

I have watched a little bit of Washington this season and I think they can move the ball on Bama through the air. That coach is one of the best there is in a one game situation also. I hope they can pull the shocker off somehow.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Washington has a vertical passing game and a couple of good receivers. Bammers weakness is and has always been defending the pass. That being said, I expect Bammer's line to dominate. I have my doubts about the QB having time to do anything.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bama might open a whole factory of Whoopass in this one. That 38-0 beatdown of Michigan State last year will seem like a tickle fight in comparison.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bama might open a whole factory of Whoopass in this one. That 38-0 beatdown of Michigan State last year will seem like a tickle fight in comparison.

That's a bet.

I think Washington will expose Bama thru the air (or so I hope)

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
My take here is about the Florida Gators.
On "SEC Now" at 7:20 am, the question was "Does Washington have the Offense to challenge Bama?
First responder said: "I have to go to the Bama-Florida game. Bama coaches told me that Florida hit
them with the most effective offensive plan of anybody they faced all year. They had guys cutting free all over the place, but it was just one of those days when Appleby couldn't see or hit the broad side of the barn."

And that's why ... IMO of course ... Mac doesn't kick Nuss off the bus. The offensive strategy and game plan aren't bad, it's a failure of execution. And that's primarily on the players. A better QB and a stronger, more experienced OL help solve those things. Bringing in a new OC who has to learn Mac's system may feel good to the critics, but that would actually be a step backwards.

(I'm not saying this is necessarily my thinking. I'm saying that I think this is how Mac sees it.)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And that's why ... IMO of course ... Mac doesn't kick Nuss off the bus. The offensive strategy and game plan aren't bad, it's a failure of execution. And that's primarily on the players.
Sorry, but Nusschamp has sucked at every stop. That's on him.

Our offense is one of the most predictable in the NCAA. That's on him.

He has recruited every starter on this offense except Sharpe. The players are on him.

If I were Alabama, I'd do everything possible to keep Butters, and all the other terrible coaches in their seats. They praised Derek Dooley also.

Expecting this to change is lunacy.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but Nusschamp has sucked at every stop. That's on him.

Our offense is one of the most predictable in the NCAA. That's on him.

He has recruited every starter on this offense except Sharpe. The players are on him.

If I were Alabama, I'd do everything possible to keep Butters, and all the other terrible coaches in their seats. They praised Derek Dooley also.

Expecting this to change is lunacy.
I really hate agreeing with Law, but this is pretty accurate. I agree that execution has been a pretty big part of our problem, because I sit there and see guys running wide open who aren't getting the ball, but it's not like these players are hand me downs. So as I've said many times recently, the schemes would be fine if we had the recruiting to bolster our talent, but it's not there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nusschamp had blue chippers stacked three deep at Bammer and produced a 40th ranked offense and got himself fired.

Talent won't fix it either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
40th ranked offense would have us in a New Year's 6 bowl at the very worst.
OK, well, as soon as our recruiting picks up and we stack bluechippers everywhere like Bammer, we can probably count on Nusschump scoring 1 to 1.5 more Tds per game.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Washington is going to light up that Bama secondary......Im actually picking Washington to win however if they don't, the loss will be a TD or less!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think bama wins by 2-3 tds. Washington's best bet is obviously moving the ball through the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.