Alabama vs. FSU breakdown (from Bama perspective)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm looking forward to watching this game after we kick Michigan's ass on Sept 2nd.... If I had to wager, I'm taking Bama in a very close game. Either way, it's going to be interesting to see how this game plays out.

This is a SEC Country (Alabama's page) article, from their perspective:

2017 Alabama football opponent preview and prediction: Florida State

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/2017-alabama-football-opponent-preview-prediction-florida-state

Alabama vs. Florida State
  • When: Saturday, Sept. 2
  • Kickoff time: 8 p.m. ET
  • Where: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
  • TV: ABC
FSU at a glance
  • Coach: Jimbo Fisher
  • 2016 record: 10-3, 5-3 ACC; beat Michigan 33-32 in Orange Bowl
  • Last matchup vs. Alabama: Florida State won 21-14 in 2007 (later vacated)
  • Returning starters: 20 (11 offense, 7 defense, 2 special teams)
FSU players to watch

DERWIN JAMES | S

Derwin James is one of the top defensive backs and arguably one of the top players in the country.

He missed most of last season with a torn meniscus in his left knee, but as a true freshman in 2015 he made 91 tackles and 4.5 sacks for the Seminoles.

NFL Network analyst Bucky Brooks called James a mix of former Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster and former LSU safety Jamal Adams. Both players went in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.

The Crimson Tide offense will want to know where McFadden is at all times.

DEONDRE-FRANCOIS_iimkxq.jpg

FSU QB Deondre Francois attended IMG Academy. (Florida State/courtesy)
DEONDRE FRANCOIS | QB
Deondre Francois showed a lot of toughness last season because he took a beating at times behind Florida State’s offensive line. Heading into his second year as starter, Francois should improve.

Francois threw for 3,350 yards and 20 touchdowns vs. 7 interceptions last season.

TARVARUS MCFADDEN | CB
Florida State has another top player in its secondary. Tarvarus McFadden led the ACC and finished tied for No. 1 in the nation with 8 interceptions.

Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts must be careful when throwing at McFadden.

Our take
This is an early candidate for the game of the year. Alabama and Florida State should both be ranked inside the top 5 in preseason polls, and both could be in the top 3.

Alabama thrives in these type of matchups. Nick Saban likes to schedule big-time season openers to give his team something to focus on during the offseason, and there are few opponents better than Jimbo Fisher’s Seminoles.

Saban and Fisher are two of the top coaches in the game, which makes for intriguing story lines. Fisher worked under Saban as offensive coordinator while at LSU. Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt held the same position at Florida State when the Seminoles won the national title in 2013. So both coaching staffs knows each other very well.

On the field, Alabama’s Jalen Hurts and Florida State’s Deondre Francois are two of the top young quarterbacks in college football.

Defensively, Alabama’s Minkah Fitzpatrick and Florida State’s Derwin James each have a case to be the best defensive back in college football.

This contest is full of NFL talent, elite coaching and passionate fans. We can’t wait for this clash.

Prediction
Alabama 27, Florida State 20

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alabama will play with chip on shoulder after their last match up and after getting beat by ACC team in championship game. Alabama will win!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think FSU is in big trouble. No Cook and lacking at WR. No one ran on Bama last year hardly - not even Clemson. I think Bama is pounding them by the end of the game.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well obviously my memory sucks.

Actually after looking it up, they've won all their opening games with Saban by at least 10 points. Some were close as I remember like the West Virginia and Va Tech games. Still, really strong considering they usually open up with a decent opponent under Saban. Goes to show how well he has them prepared.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Alabama won't fold in the second half like Ole Miss did a year ago against FSU.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fck both of em.

Yes, of course, F both of them...but I know damn well we'll both be rooting for Bammer in that game.

When Tennessee was playing FSU for the National Championship following the '98 season, we were all rooting for Tennessee. And we hate Tennessee.

But we hate FSU more.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
bamafan is correct. Bama's depth will wear em out, and fsu's overrated offensive line will once again have frances running for his life half the time. they have no cook to hand off too who was 80% of their offense, and though their WRs were poor last year, they'll be even worse this year. Bama rolls and its not very close, but will be fun to watch the clowns get their :kiffin: pushed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.