Alligator Army article on hope and expectations

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is similar to the GCMB article written by Cover2.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like the idea of hiring Kingsbury next. Glad that was mentioned though you never know what Fooley is thinking, if he's still around.

I can't believe someone would even consider keeping Flushchimp after another shiiit season 9-4 or worse. Too many of you people are proud of losing and dwags at heart. Hell, he starts the season with 6-7 wins that damn near ANY coach could win (see Zook).

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We have a difficult schedule. I don't think any Gator would be happy with 8 wins. That being said it may be just enough if Georgia or FSU is one of those. For me, the cut off is 9 wins pre-bowl.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;13540 said:
We have a difficult schedule. I don't think any Gator would be happy with 8 wins. That being said it may be just enough if Georgia or FSU is one of those. For me, the cut off is 9 wins pre-bowl.

This

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The schedule will try to dictate to him only 7 wins; let's see what he dictates to this his test-team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do we define a "successful and overachieving" season? Six wins would amount to 50% improvement.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There are some people on here that would be perfectly happy with 7-6, 8-5 or 9-4. They are just bulldwags wearing the wrong colors.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n13678 said:
There are some people on here that would be perfectly happy with 7-6, 8-5 or 9-4. They are just bulldwags wearing the wrong colors.
I think 9-4 would save WM's job, but I'm not sure how many would truly be "happy" with that record. For me, it's more about how we look playing in those wins and losses than the record itself. However, if we end up with 10+ wins, but lose to UGA again, the cry of outrage by most Gator faithful will be loud, so he could still lose his job with 10 wins imo. UGA is a must, must, must win this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think 7 wins he keeps his job. That's just the way it goes.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n13661]How do we define a "successful and overachieving" season? Six wins would amount to 50% improvement. [/QUOTE]

9 wins pre-bowl would be success 8 wins or less would be failure especially with another Georgia loss. No passes for that 4-8 instead of 6-6/7-5 last season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n13685 said:
I think 9-4 would save WM's job, but I'm not sure how many would truly be "happy" with that record. For me, it's more about how we look playing in those wins and losses than the record itself. However, if we end up with 10+ wins, but lose to UGA again, the cry of outrage by most Gator faithful will be loud, so he could still lose his job with 10 wins imo. UGA is a must, must, must win this year.

Imo there is zero chance of Muschamp losing his job if he wins 9 games pre-bowl regardless if he loses to Georgia again. Foley would assure that. I think he is almost a 100% lock to be retained with 8 wins pre-bowl as long as he beats Georgia due to Foley.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
NavetG8r;n13685 said:

Imo there is zero chance of Muschamp losing his job if he wins 9 games pre-bowl regardless if he loses to Georgia again. Foley would assure that. I think he is almost a 100% lock to be retained with 8 wins pre-bowl as long as he beats Georgia due to Foley.
+1

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
NavetG8r;n13685 said:

+ 2

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
9 wins with the current roster and schedule is a success (pre-bowl), 11 wins would be overachieving (pre-bowl)

Edit: less than 9 wins and a loss to Georgia, will be a pink slip. And a victory against Georgia and 8 wins, might not be enough either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator