An offseason basketball thread

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
To me the most interesting bit was White going to see Emmitt Williams work out. I was wondering if UF was still in on him.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mike White has got it going on. In a very short time he has this program on track for big things. In White we Trust baby!! Go Gators!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think we are, but it comes down to if we will have room....which I think we will

What made me wonder was:

1. Castleton visiting last weekend with Williams not having publicly set a visit.

2. The 247 crystal ball tilting so much to Oregon.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
What made me wonder was:

1. Castleton visiting last weekend with Williams not having publicly set a visit.

2. The 247 crystal ball tilting so much to Oregon.
I've also seen tonight that

1. Castleton cancelled his Purdue visit after his official here then in homes with Illinois and Michigan

2. Castleton may commit in the next week or so...to who is a guess imo

3. We still have a good shot at Williams

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I've also seen tonight that

1. Castleton cancelled his Purdue visit after his official here then in homes with Illinois and Michigan

2. Castleton may commit in the next week or so...to who is a guess imo

3. We still have a good shot at Williams

Thanks for the update. Now if you have a good idea of the guard pecking order and which guards are 1s and which are 2s.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the update. Now if you have a good idea of the guard pecking order and which guards are 1s and which are 2s.
Devoe is rumored to be comitting before he visits here (probably won't be to us)

Dotson is a high likelihood to be a Gator

Weaver is as well...but he may end up being a 2 guard/combo guard

Moore is all Gator from what I have seem, but we will see

My bet right now:

Dotson
Weaver
Moore
Williams/Castleton (assuming we get another scholarship free)

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
My bet right now:

Dotson
Weaver
Moore
Williams/Castleton (assuming we get another scholarship free)

That would be my bet too. My order would be:

1. Dotson
2/3. Moore and Williams/Castleton
4. Weaver

but from what I have read the staff wants a PG, SG, SF and then maybe a PF. I would hate not to get a true big in this class.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Some bball recruiting info...

What did you get from that:

1. David Duke is visiting this weekend which I think we knew.

2. Castleton did not get an offer on his visit. The thread said out, but the post UF visit article did not say that.

Was there anything else that I missed? Devoe is committing to someone other than UF this weekend, probably GaTech.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
What did you get from that:

1. David Duke is visiting this weekend which I think we knew.

2. Castleton did not get an offer on his visit. The thread said out, but the post UF visit article did not say that.

Was there anything else that I missed? Devoe is committing to someone other than UF this weekend, probably GaTech.
Top 3 for Williams, Oregon-Florida-Duke with anyone being best guess right now

Going hardest for Dotson and Moore at the moment

Going for more guards then big men at the moment as well

Most we knew just thought I'd post the link just in case something was added that we didn't know

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Three new crystal ball predictions on 247 of Anferernee Simons to UF. Boy this is going to be a wild ride to signing day now.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Any choice 'leaves' fall due to tree-shake from the shoe fraud of certain top BB schools?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Any choice 'leaves' fall due to tree-shake from the shoe fraud of certain top BB schools?

The real issue for schools interested in such players is are they eligible to play college basketball or are they pros? If your family has received six figures in cash you probably are not eligible and it might be beyond your ability to repay.

During periods of economic uncertainty there is what is known as a flight to quality, ie from the stock markets to maybe the bond markets and certainly cash assets. If I were a 2018 recruit right now with this uncertainty, I would be considering a similar flight to a quality program.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Looks like our recruiting will be skyrocketing this season!!!!!

Dotson
Simons
Moore
Williams
Weaver

All in play...all with a better than 50% chance of landing at the moment

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Looks like our recruiting will be skyrocketing this season!!!!!

Dotson
Simons
Moore
Williams
Weaver

All in play...all with a better than 50% chance of landing at the moment

My guess is if you can get and decides to take Simons that Weaver and maybe Nembard squeezed out. I can not see UF taking more than one SG? It also could be that if Nembhard is a real PG he is the fall back for Dotson. I know nothing about Moore except most that have predicted say UF. Williams might well decide that Oregon is too risky.

This whole deal has come at an almost ideal time for UF. There is not enough time for "risky" school whoever they might be to reassure a prospect that nothing will happen at there place.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My guess is if you can get and decides to take Simons that Weaver and maybe Nembard squeezed out. I can not see UF taking more than one SG? It also could be that if Nembhard is a real PG he is the fall back for Dotson. I know nothing about Moore except most that have predicted say UF. Williams might well decide that Oregon is too risky.

This whole deal has come at an almost ideal time for UF. There is not enough time for "risky" school whoever they might be to reassure a prospect that nothing will happen at there place.
From the looks of Simmons tape, he's a pg. I know he's listed as a combo guard though. I wonder if there's any truth to him and uf and how it would impact our chances with Dotson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.