An offseason basketball thread

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It will be enjoyable to watch White's Gators. And good to read smart know-how posters like you, Insti. So don't be shy. Followers like me need it explained by leaders like you & Lee4Three. Looking forward to it, especially now that football is all angst. Thanks for the angst-antidote.

Thanks for the very kind words. I am glad people are enjoying discussing basketball. I know I always do.

And heck it is almost Friday so why don't is post a clip of Chase Johnson:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From that video Chase looks like the kind of kid that chooses North Carolina ... or Duke, etc. He seems tall and unusually agile, good shooter's touch. Hope we get him.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
From that video Chase looks like the kind of kid that chooses North Carolina ... or Duke, etc. He seems tall and unusually agile, good shooter's touch. Hope we get him.

We got him. He might be the true frosh most likely to get minutes this year.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We got him. He might be the true frosh most likely to get minutes this year.

10 minutes at the SF spot would be great. White actually may have a hard time finding minutes for everyone if Chase and Ballard are as good as advertised. Like you mentioned, defense is the key. White will have no issue sitting a guy if they can't play defense with the intensity he is looking for. White may have a 9 man rotation.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hope we have a deep team and these freshmen are as advertised so we can run and press teams into the ground. Go Gators!!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
White may have a 9 man rotation.

Lots of teams have a 9-10 man rotation in December, fewer have more than a 7-8 man rotation in March. As I have said around here several times, I am hoping for a March rotation and minutes of:

PG: Chiozza (30), Allen (10)
SG: Allen (15), Hudson (25)
SF: Stone (16), Koulechov (24)
PF: Hayes (24), Stone (8), Johnson (8)
C: Egbunu (24), Gak (16)

To me that would be a offensively skilled, strong rebounding 9 man rotation. Of course the key is can Koulechov, Hudson and Johnson defend their positions and is Egbunu healthy enough. Also of course Allen has to hold up for 10 minutes at the PG as the primary ball handler. Each of these players except Johnson have shown they can play some at this level.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Stone looked like he benefited from his redshirt year last year. It will be interesting to see how Bassett looks with a year in the program and none of us having seen him play a minute. Here is a high school video of him:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
And to finish up this years roster, here are some Gorjok Gak dunks in UF's highlights against ETSU in the NCAA tourney:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Ok, what the heck is going on there? Is he charged with a serious crime and if so, why is his bond reported to be $3,500? Whether he was headed to UF or not, something is off in that reporting.
Something is off, gotta wait for more updates I guess

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Here is a excerpt from a Brockway article on the media day:

Brockway said:
Florida picked second in preseason SEC poll
Brockway said:
By Kevin Brockway

October 18, 2017

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Florida ended up in a familiar spot in the SEC preseason men’s basketball poll Wednesday.

The Gators were picked to finish second behind Kentucky, while junior guard KeVaughn Allen earned preseason All-SEC first team honors.

and here is the link to the rest:

http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/10/florida-picked-second-preseason-sec-poll/

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member