An offseason basketball thread

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Link??? More info??
He should be listening to his PT and ATC's and working to get his azz back on the court and shore up a better shot and signing a bigger contract in the NBA for what ever time he has left to play. If the docs told him his knee was trashed with OA and has a microfx then he might think he needs to get his name out there now before it's too late. That's a mistake IMO.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with T-gator. Dickerson didn't want to be a Gator then, so why now? His loss.

I'd still take him, he's a talented big that could help us. Y'all would forgive him if he came here and averaged 12 & 8. Maybe he's learned the mistake he made and knows he shoulda stuck with the good guys?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He should be listening to his PT and ATC's and working to get his azz back on the court and shore up a better shot and signing a bigger contract in the NBA for what ever time he has left to play. If the docs told him his knee was trashed with OA and has a microfx then he might think he needs to get his name out there now before it's too late. That's a mistake IMO.

I agree but I wanted some insight as to what he was thinking, I don't think that exists. And if he had those issues nobody would want him on their team, others in the past have gotten a lot of money for nothing while having those issues.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'd still take him, he's a talented big that could help us. Y'all would forgive him if he came here and averaged 12 & 8. Maybe he's learned the mistake he made and knows he shoulda stuck with the good guys?

I am of two minds about Dickerson. My first reaction was similar to that of those after my post, screw him. But I did notice those 8.2 rebounds per game and thought that could be just what UF needs next year. Of course he might well have to sit out, so I am less sure UF would have room even if he were interested.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I am of two minds about Dickerson. My first reaction was similar to that of those after my post, screw him. But I did notice those 8.2 rebounds per game and thought that could be just what UF needs next year. Of course he might well have to sit out, so I am less sure UF would have room even if he were interested.

I'm all about second chances :lol:. And who knows, maybe he can get a waiver of some type.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look who is seeking his release to transfer:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...rt-noah-dickerson-wants-release-from-huskies/

Too bad he is probably not a graduate transfer. Of course one has to wonder if White would have any interest?
We could have used him when Egbunu went down. He stepped into a bad situation out here with two fellow freshmen going pro last year. UW could have been a really good team this past season. Hope he lands in a good spot. He was one of UWs better players.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but I wanted some insight as to what he was thinking, I don't think that exists. And if he had those issues nobody would want him on their team, others in the past have gotten a lot of money for nothing while having those issues.
1. Billy left - I don't blame the kid for looking around.
2. Dickerson came to UW with two other higher touted freshmen and I think that was the draw. Those two guys went pro and obviously left Romar reeling to fill the gaps.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
**** Dickenson. He jumped ship. Didn't realize bart was such a huskie

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I got a dislike for wishing a kid well? Aren't you a ray of f>cking sunshine, you piece of shi't'. :bart:

Little t can be a bit emotional. I try not to bring it up too often though, having a little t can be hard to cope with sometimes. It's a jungle out there.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
BTW, I did read some place a claim that:

1. Johnson is a graduate transfer with 2 years of eligibility left.

2. Calipari coached Cameron Johnson's dad as an assistant at Pitt.

3. Calipari and Johnson are from the same home town.

So UK may be interested and might have a couple of legs up on everyone else. On the other hand UF has minutes for a front court player next year and is less likely to recruit some must play 30 minutes one and done to push him out after one year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator