BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Come listen, my lizards, and ye shall hear
a 2004 tale we Vols hold dear

Saturday, September 18, 2004
Knoxville, Tennessee
Neyland Stadium

Florida was clinging to a slim lead in the fourth quarter by trying to run out the clock. After the Vols' D stopped Florida third down attempt they sent out there punter with less than a minute to go in the game. After the punt Vols DB, Jonathan Wade and Gator receiver, Dallas Baker got into a scuffle. Wade head slapped Baker and Baker responded with a blow. Ref. Bobby Moreau appeared to have a clear view of the incident but called penalty on Baker. The clocked was stopped Gators were penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct and kicked again. The officials inexplicably neglected to restart the clock before the ball was snapped for the punt. In effect the officials did not penalize Wade and incorrectly kept the clock inactive. The Vols received the punt and miraculously drove down the field to the Florida 33 yard line to attempt a 50 yard field goad with 8 seconds left in the game. kicker James Wilhoit, who had missed a game-tying extra point earlier in the game redeemed himself by hitting a 50-yard field goal, handing the Volunteers a hard fought 30–28 victory. Remember that game, fellas? :) I'm sure you do.

The Gators were cheated, the Gators were robbed. Florida fans were livid all over the country. In Appachicola, Florida CNN reported an angry mob burned their jorts in protest. To put it mildly our 2004 victory over Florida was rather tainted. Referee Moreau received numerous death threats eventual was barred by the SEC Commissioner from attending any games in Ben Hll Griffith Stadium.

September 18, 2004 was a day of glory for Vol fans, a day of infamy for Gator fans Since that red ;letter day by hook or crook the Volunteers have lost 9 years in row to our rivals, the Florida Gators.. We've eaten a lot defeats since that day in 2004,a lot of Humble Pie to savor.

Nine years is more than long enough. The day of atonement is at hand. Florida is still handicapped with Will Muschamp as head coach, Another year after Tebow and the Gators have not found a winning quarterback to lead them back to the Promised Land. They are coming off their worst season in over a half a century. In the 2014 season Florida was taken into triple overtime at home in the Swamp against a weak Kentucky Wildcat team. On the other hand Tennessee played #4 Oklahoma to a standstill until a pick 6 that was a 14 point swing. We played highly ranked Georgia even Steven until another big 4th quarter mistake. Both of these close losses were AWAY games. Now we welcome our nemesis, Florida, to home turf at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee. The wheel has turned, the pendulum has swung back and the yin is waiting for the yang to balance the Cosmos.

Yes, we're going to beat you.

PS
There is a silver lining in the cloud of defeat. October 4, 2014 can be remember as the day Allah smiled on Florida giving them the final straw to rid themselves of Will Muschamp.

T
E
N
N
E
S
S
E
E

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n64493 said:

stfu1.gif

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where is A[a;achicola, Florida?

Did you type that whole thing on your Motorola Razr?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just so you know you typed all that for nothing I didn't read it

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Thank you, I forgot how much I hated UT despite owning them for the last 20 years. I'm now looking forward to kicking your butt Saturday.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didnt-Read.jpg

And if it weren't long, I wouldn't read it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;Vt2BAfhUHX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0[/video]

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:blahblah: Didn't read it. This thread has the stinch of :kiffin:. Send it to the dungeon.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_906.png
    conv_906.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 47

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I got through the first paragraph and gave up. I want that time back.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You would think Tennessee should be almost helpless this year. Our entire OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE line are new starters from last year. We have at best a mediocre journeyman quarterback leading the team. Our young and relatively inexperienced head coach has never won a big game. We are in essence a NEOPHYTE team attempting to take down the mighty Florida Gators.

We dare not win.
We can't win.
We won't win

:)

then again...........

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n64586 said:
You would think Tennessee should be almost helpless this year. Our entire OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE line are new starters from last year. We have at best a mediocre journeyman quarterback leading the team. Our young and relatively inexperienced head coach has never won a big game. We are essence a NEOPHYTE team attempting to take down the mighty Florida Gators.

We dare not win.
We can't win.
We won't win

:)

then again...........

Alvie I do appreciate your loyalty to the Vols but I know that you know that We will find a way to win the game and again rip you beating heart out and stomp on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.