And Now....TENNESSEE

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66727 said:
So now, instead of giving Jones credit, you are going to say the defense played badly?

Taylor averaged less yards per carry than Jones did against Bama. So not sure how you can say that more carries would have helped him. The fumble was a miscommunication with JD. Jones thought JD was keeping so he didn't clamp down on the ball.

lol - I guess Jones was better than Gilly because he had a 1/2 yard more a carry than Gilly in 2012 - crazy argument when Taylor isn't getting hardly any carries. No I am saying he isn't a punishing runner despite weighing 235.

Were you the one that used to argue Driskel was playing good in 2012 or was that Dude ?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n64705 said:
This is actually the only appropriate answer. Feels like I dropped the ball on this one. Phan or myself seemed to post this annually for the past 5-6 years.

"They low down. They some snitches.."

Just a classic.
Yes, a favorite of mine. Always makes me laugh.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66730 said:
lol - I guess Jones was better than Gilly because he had a 1/2 yard more a carry than Gilly in 2012 - crazy argument when Taylor isn't getting hardly any carries. No I am saying he isn't a punishing runner despite weighing 235.

Were you the one that used to argue Driskel was playing good in 2012 or was that Dude ?

You willing to admit that Taylor has been dancing too much lately? That might be why his carries are being cut down. Jones may not be playing to his full potential, but he is playing better than Taylor right now. Lane is a bruiser and would hit the hole hard unlike what Taylor has been doing lately.

I argued that Driskel played well enough for us to win and that is all that mattered. Not sure why this matters about the UT game this Saturday though.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66733 said:
You willing to admit that Taylor has been dancing too much lately? That might be why his carries are being cut down. Jones may not be playing to his full potential, but he is playing better than Taylor right now. Lane is a bruiser and would hit the hole hard unlike what Taylor has been doing lately.

I argued that Driskel played well enough for us to win and that is all that mattered. Not sure why this matters about the UT game this Saturday though.

My take on it is the Taylor Jones situation is the same as the Driskel and former Burton one. Muschamp for whatever reason favors them. That was a joke saying Burton/McGee were co-starters when one is a true TE receiving threat down the field and playing Driskel no matter what is foolish. We will see how all this plays out but I will be willing to wager when we have a new coach next season that Taylor will be the starting RB.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66737 said:
My take on it is the Taylor Jones situation is the same as the Driskel and former Burton one. Muschamp for whatever reason favors them. That was a joke saying Burton/McGee were co-starters when one is a true TE receiving threat down the field and playing Driskel no matter what is foolish. We will see how all this plays out but I will be willing to wager when we have a new coach next season that Taylor will be the starting QB.

Taylor at QB?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66737 said:
My take on it is the Taylor Jones situation is the same as the Driskel and former Burton one. Muschamp for whatever reason favors them. That was a joke saying Burton/McGee were co-starters when one is a true TE receiving threat down the field and playing Driskel no matter what is foolish. We will see how all this plays out but I will be willing to wager when we have a new coach next season that Taylor will be the starting QB.

Fair enough. Let the season play out and see how it falls. I do believe McGee was going to be used a lot in this offense but unfortunately, he had that injury during the EMU game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66738 said:
Taylor at QB?
121731-bold-strategy-cotton-meme-imgu-wLno.png

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66746 said:
No just implying Muschamp seems to favor certain players on offense.

So you are implying that Muschamp prefers Driskel over Taylor at QB? I think we all do. I'm pretty sure a new coach would prefer Driskel over Taylor at Quarterback as well... Do you mean Taylor will be the starting Running back with a new staff?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66747 said:
So you are implying that Muschamp prefers Driskel over Taylor at QB? I think we all do. I'm pretty sure a new coach would prefer Driskel over Taylor at Quarterback as well... Do you mean Taylor will be the starting Running back with a new staff?

What are you talking about ? I never implied that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66748 said:
What are you talking about ? I never implied that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66751 said:
Crap didn't catch that. lol

It's ok, just thought it was funny. I think we all agree we need to see how the season plays out on our backs, I personally think we need both, but Taylor has to stop dancing.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really am hoping that both Taylor and Jones have 800+ yards of rushing, with at least one of them being over 1000 yards. I don't care which one it is.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n66753 said:
It's ok, just thought it was funny. I think we all agree we need to see how the season plays out on our backs, I personally think we need both, but Taylor has to stop dancing.
I really thought this offense would be a perfect fit for Taylor and not Jones but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Regardless what some on here might say Jones is running harder and with more power than he ever has. He never really did in HS either and i thought he would never really pan out to much at the SEC level unless he somehow changed that and it's starting to show he has. I'd still like to see us mix it up more and get to see some Powell and Lane though i guess Powell is hurt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n66762 said:
I really thought this offense would be a perfect fit for Taylor and not Jones but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Regardless what some on here might say Jones is running harder and with more power than he ever has. He never really did in HS either and i thought he would never really pan out to much at the SEC level unless he somehow changed that and it's starting to show he has. I'd still like to see us mix it up more and get to see some Powell and Lane though i guess Powell is hurt.

Agreed. I'll give credit where credit is due, and feeding Jones has been the right call thus far.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n66762 said:

I agree with you and Sofla. I was more of a fan of Taylor going into the season and definitely thought he would be the star back in the offense but it is hard to make a case for that at the moment. Jones unfortunately didn't have a great game against Alabama but I don't think Taylor would have done any better given the same carries.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What would Tennessee week be without this nice "little" shot. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online