And they use the excuse that the reason ratings are down is because Kaepernic doesn't have a job

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crosscreekcooter, Jan 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM.

1. GatorGrad

GatorGrad Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $2
    Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    One reason total why I don't have anything to do with the NFL...the players disrespecting the fans so blatantly like they did this year. I gave away all NFL items, stopped going to games, stopped watching games, don't listen to games, and don't read about games on the internet. Quite frankly, it was very easy to do. I don't miss anything about it at all.

2. 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $482
    Ratings:
    +525 / -4
    I don't think he was. I think what he meant is that he had been in 57 states (some states more than once) in the time period. He just wasn't very articulate in this case. Joe Biden on the other hand is a gaff with two legs.

I haven't been a real big fan of the last four POTUS, but as to the topic at hand:

1. I think it is impossible to hand waive the effect the protests had on the attendance and ratings drop. You have to consider your core audience for contact sports.
    2. I think it is morally and socially irresponsible as well mentally lazy to label people that feel different than you do about something a bigot, even in a half joking way. It doesn't advance the dialogue that needs to happen and is indicative of a weak argument.

3. Woodroe

Woodroe Sir Knowitall

Oxbucks:
    $159
    Ratings:
    +154 / -6
    FTFY

4. Woodroe

Woodroe Sir Knowitall

Oxbucks:
    $159
    Ratings:
    +154 / -6
    Now this fellow used hyperbole. Never met a politician (especially messageboard politicians) that didn't. But this was not that.

5. Woodroe

Woodroe Sir Knowitall

Oxbucks:
    $159
    Ratings:
    +154 / -6
    So Bush the First is the last one you liked or The Gipper?

6. Bait'n Gator

Bait'n Gator Go away..... bait'n
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $248
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / -17
    He meant to say 47 states. He had 1 left to go and he wasn't allowed to visit Alaska and Hawaii.
    50 -1 (left to go) - 2 (Alaska & Hawaii) = 47.

It was a simple slip of the tongue not a joke as Sas tries to claim.

Regardless the NFL became barely watchable for me a couple years before the whole Kap saga. But I still purchased the whole red zone and sunday ticket packages, but as soon as that **** show started I canceled all of it and never plan on renewing it again. I don't blame it all on the protesters but they definitely made it easier to change the channel for good.

7. 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $482
    Ratings:
    +525 / -4
    Bush HW wasn't terrible. Contrary to the modern campus naysayers I'd say Regan's record speaks for itself and really isn't up for debate. No presidency is perfect, but on the metrics that I think should matter for the job I think he was better than any that have come after him.

#27 5-Star Finger, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:05 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 12:30 PM
  8. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $340
    Ratings:
    +4,314 / -67
    Same here. I will just watch college football until the political mess mostly stops.

9. Captain Sasquatch

Captain Sasquatch Mr. SQ, the Sashole
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,205
    Ratings:
    +10,514 / -218
    What I find hilarious is the red hatters will blindly believe every BS mental gymnastic explanation of Trump’s monumental mouth diarrhea from Spicer or Sanders, but they won’t accept a simple explanation of Obama’s saying 57 states and actually think the man running the country somehow thought there were 57 states. The magic R is quite a thing.

10. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist

Oxbucks:
    $386
    Ratings:
    +4,491 / -6
  11. PastyStoole

PastyStoole Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $117
    Ratings:
    +1,607 / -8
    I don't even know why this would be worth defending or mentioning at all. People make errors in speech all the time, even smart people. When I think of Obama's time in office, this wouldn't even hit the radar. Far more noteworthy were the FIVE new wars he got us involved in, (in addition to the two he promised to get us out of and didn't), the racial divide being at its worst in 40 years when he left office, the precipitous fall of the labor participation rate, the sweetheart deals to his Wall Street cronies, and the disastrous regime-changing interventions and meddling of his Secretary of State.

12. crosscreekcooter

Oxbucks:
    $386
    Ratings:
    +4,491 / -6
    The least you could do is give him a tip of the cap for the economic surge during his 8 years in office.

13. Jack o' Diamonds

Jack o' Diamonds My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $91
    Ratings:
    +289 / -3
    Apparently I ventured into the political forum by mistake...

14. maheo30

maheo30 Theonomist Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +2,255 / -32
    Dem mods, sleepin on the job again. :lol:

15. crosscreekcooter

Oxbucks:
    $386
    Ratings:
    +4,491 / -6
    That shrill screaming sound you hear is the stock market. It started some time in November. Does wonders for your 401K.

16. crosscreekcooter

Oxbucks:
    $386
    Ratings:
    +4,491 / -6
  17. crosscreekcooter

Oxbucks:
    $386
    Ratings:
    +4,491 / -6
    Back to the original point. The public finally sees the NFL for what it is. A bunch of grossly overpaid crybabies with the gall to claim the league has a plantation mentality.

18. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $289
    Ratings:
    +1,723 / -42
    There are also 57 states (countries) in the Organization of Islamic Cooperation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_of_Islamic_Cooperation

I guess that might be a fact in the recesses of ones brain if one went to elementary school in Indonesia. Maybe regardless on ones religion or maybe even if one were an atheist.

19. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $466
    Ratings:
    +3,273 / -52
    What was the word trump used that triggered everyone?

20. GatorShea

GatorShea Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $356
    Ratings:
    +425 / -10
    He uses words? I thought he just rambled on incoherently. Anyways, the NFL has just become a boring product.