And they use the excuse that the reason ratings are down is because Kaepernic doesn't have a job

Discussion in 'Politics' started by crosscreekcooter, Jan 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM.

1. Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $642
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -29
    Never.

2. Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $642
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -29
    Here's a news flash for you....nobody really thinks that Obama believes we have 57 states. Nobody.

3. Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $642
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -29
    When the United States fought the bloodiest war in its history, in large part to abolish the practice of slavery (which had been around since the dawn of time), the rebels carried the confederate flag into battle to try and keep the status quo. Anybody remember what the flag that the Union carried into battle looked like? The flag that they guys who shed blood by the bucketload carried when they were fighting to abolish slavery? Which flag was that?

4. AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $466
    Ratings:
    +3,273 / -52
    The statement was about the press and their narrative....Trump is not a politician.

5. ThreatMatrix

ThreatMatrix Well he's not Mac - so we got that going for us
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,078
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / -122
    Country needs an amendment to the constitution that guarantees the separation of entertainment and politics.

6. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $398
    Ratings:
    +7,033 / -10
    You know what other dummy doesn't think he was exaggerating for comedic effect?

Obama.

Because he wasn't--contrary to the assurances of your advanced intelligence.

The explanation given was that he was tired and simply messed up. It happens. He was trying to subtract 2 from the total number of states (so he had 50 on the brain) and came up with 57 instead of 48. We call that a brain fart. You are as guilty of dismissing and rationalizing Obama's mistakes as Trump fans are with his. Everybody makes mistakes.

Alex.

7. 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $482
    Ratings:
    +525 / -4
    I get your point, but this is a gross oversimplification. Most of the "rebels" who took up arms had no stake in the status quo. This was not what they were fighting for. You don't have to take my word for it, you can read their letters and journals for yourself. I have no personal love for the CSA battle flag - nor do I believe that everyone that flies it does so because they want to return to some ancient status quo. Some do, but not all, or even most. On a side note, remind me what flag it was that the 7th Cavalry under James Forsyth was serving at Wounded Knee? The knife cuts both ways.

8. Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $642
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -29
    Actually I don't think you're getting the point. Its not about somebody's political opinion about why the civil war was fought or whether the confederate flag represents slavery. The point is that the SAME PEOPLE who decry the confederate flag as a symbol of slavery are often the same ones who decry the US flag as a symbol of slavery and oppression.

9. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 82% sarcasm 18% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,361
    Ratings:
    +27,360 / -587
    He is a little slow.

Maybe you could type more slowly for him.

10. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,361
    Ratings:
    +27,360 / -587
    :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Well, we have a first term senator without fulltime employment on his resume who managed to get elected bc Oprah liked and endosed him, followed by an orange faced WWE figure, with Oprah herself on deck, and no doubt with Beyonce vs. Beiber down the road.

It needs to stop... and yet they are no worse than the actual members of either party's establishment.

(No offense Sas, Wobble, and you other Beliebers.)

11. Captain Sasquatch

Captain Sasquatch Mr. SQ, the Sashole
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,205
    Ratings:
    +10,514 / -218
    Surely with your superior intelligence, you'd know that Justin Bieber is Canadian and therefore ineligible for our presidency. I think you were reaching for Kanye on that one.

12. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $321
    Ratings:
    +6,872 / -10
    Ahhhh yes. Sas, or "L-boy lite"... "The PF is full of morons, yet I'm back, again, after saying never again, again."

13. 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $482
    Ratings:
    +525 / -4
    My bad. That wasn't clear to me from your post. That certainly is an irony of the fervor; but honestly it is pretty clear that their indictment is against western civilization in general. The whole concept of "institutionalized racism" basically presupposes that the west is built upon oppression. There's a lot more to be said about that beyond the constraints of the NFL issue.

My primary frustration with the protests in the NFL specifically are that they are symptomatic of the death of reason we're seeing in virtually every facet of society. Facts do not matter. Statistical probability does not matter. Feelings and beliefs are king. It's also indicative of an apparently increasing belief that the primary locus of control for individuals' lives are external rather than internal. Given that pretty much all of our achievements as a culture were based on the belief that a person ultimately controlled their destiny, it's a pretty big deal that the idea is being abandoned.

14. Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $642
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -29
    That's a big 10-4 good buddy.

15. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,361
    Ratings:
    +27,360 / -587
    Oh no. He is a dreamer too who will soon be a citizen. Any other requirements can surely be waived with a nice friendly (9th circuit?) court.

I notice you don't deny being a Belieber.

#55 Swamp Donkey, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:42 PM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM
  16. Woodroe

Woodroe Sir Knowitall

Oxbucks:
    $159
    Ratings:
    +154 / -6
    Someone recently took a philosophy class.

17. Woodroe

Woodroe Sir Knowitall

Oxbucks:
    $159
    Ratings:
    +154 / -6
    Is that you Panos?

18. AlexDaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $398
    Ratings:
    +7,033 / -10
    Hmmmmmnnnnnn......

Was your best friend a dude named B.J. McKay?

[​IMG]

Alex.

19. Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $642
    Ratings:
    +7,714 / -29
    Rollin down to Dallas
    My wheels provide my palace
    I'm off to New Orleans or who knoooooooooowwwss.....
    He's going everywhere....
    BJ McKay and his best friend Bear!

20. AlexDaGator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $398
    Ratings:
    +7,033 / -10

Lucky monkey...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]