And What about Fool-ey?

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every day he keeps the chump in his cage, dosn t this make Fooley s position a little more untendable with the BGs?
Bayern Gator

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does Fooley even realize that Chump is the worst coach since the late 40s and JD the worst qb since 1950?
Or does he even care?
Bayern Gator

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
BG's didn't get rich by being stupid. Foley will continue to lead until he retires.......

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Foley has been outright putrid in football decisions.

But great with everything else.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n77340 said:

It's a good thing Women's Soccer is paying the bills. Oh wait...

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Foley said he wanted to see progress. He didn't say it would be a certain number of wins but rather how the team played against a very tough schedule. If they had shown improvement, played well, and lost some close games Muschamp likely would keep his job. That's not happening and I have complete confidence that as soon as the beat down in Tallahassee is over, Foley will administer the coup de grace to Muschamp.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Foley refused to fire Muschamp last season and thought he needed another season to accurately judge Msuchamp. That is fine but it means the results of thia season are more on Foley than Muschamp. He bwtter realize that and give us one heck of a hire when his last coach comes to deserved end.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Foley is the CFO of the athletic department. He has $11 million reasons to keep Champ. TV contracts pay the bills. A temporary drop in attendance doesn't move the books much or so I'm guessing. So he's hanging in as long as he can. All the other sports are doing great. As long as we are an SEC there will be plenty of TV money hell we share in bowl payouts even if we don't go to a bowl.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
7-5 or 6-6 will bring Will back next year. Dang. As for Foley he's been an overall very good AD but not as good with his football decisions.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just can't believe that could possibly be true...and I do support Foley in all other things except this one coach.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;77677 said:
7-5 or 6-6 will bring Will back next year. Dang. As for Foley he's been an overall very good AD but not as good with his football decisions.
Sadly this may be true. I have zero confidence in the football program right now or in Foley's decisions in that sport.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
UF will be fine without Foley. The way I look at it, I am glad Billy D came back. If Foley had to pick a new bball coach we might very well be having two train wrecks for programs. He is 2-2. (I am giving him credit for Meyer even though I think that was more Machen than foley.)

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n77677 said:

Because we will be down a game 6-6 will be the equivalent of 5-6 for this season and 7-5 will be 6-5. I would be willing to bet neither of those will be good enough. 7-4 is the minimum which normally would be 8-4. The sad thing is that we almost have 2 more as close to automatic losses as you can get with Georgia and FSU. This weeks game against Mizzou could tell us how we will do against Vandy and USC later in the season. I think at this point we are looking up at 7-4. Sad that 8-4 seems like an achievement for a Gators football team.

But in this year of the East being an absolute crapfest it will be hard pressed of Foley to retain Muschamp if he doesn't win the East.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I do wonder what is going on in the mind of Jeremy Foley. He's 1for 3 with football hires, that doesn't give me too much confidence in his next one but I'm pretty sure anyone will be better than what we have

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In my mind, our nightmare is that we go 7-4 but don't beat Georgia and lose the East but Foley still retains him because he is 'seeing improvement'. Will we have to end up firing Foley with Muschamp?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n77340 said:

People forget that even though he didn't hire SOS, he had to repeatedly renegotiate his contract. There were several times that he almost bolted for the NFL, got a renegotiated contract, and stayed. If Foley were fired over Muschamp, we would be the laughingstock of every other school in the country. He is consistently recognized/considered one of the best ADs in the country. Only the UF president can fire him, and Machen wouldn't do that - especially since Machen is retiring and the search for his successor is not only under way, but nearly complete.

Foley will be here until he retires. Period.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n77841 said:
In my mind, our nightmare is that we go 7-4 but don't beat Georgia and lose the East but Foley still retains him because he is 'seeing improvement'. Will we have to end up firing Foley with Muschamp?
Unfortunately we don't have that option. Even though Foley set this program back a few years by retaining muschamp. This recruiting class would have been special for the next coach now these guys are going to go to fsu and bama. So get kozie we'll continue to lose to everyone besides Tennessee and Kentucky. I really don't think I could be any more un happy right now

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Foley's never said WM had to in any # of games, or that he had to show improvement. Never said such.
Foley has only given 1,000% support to Muschamp as our HC (1,000% for not paying buyout).
"Muschamp will be at Florida for a long, long time."

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm posting this with a warning, remove all guns, knives, and anything strong enough for a knot from your reach before viewing.

10154386_848580095163011_8670074340609779868_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator