Andre Debose question

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think we threw to him 3 times against EMU and didn't get a completion. I could be mistaken as the SEC Network was out at my house for the 1st quarter so maybe it was more than that.....Anyway, my point is that before the season started I made mention how important I thought it would be to get the ball in his hands at least 4 or 5 times a game from the LOS, meaning not just kick returns. Why is it that we have never seen him used (1 time) on jet sweeps, reverses and yes even wildcat. I know in HS he used to line up as QB quite a bit, and more importantly do you guys think we will see him used in any of these ways this year ?

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I think we're going to try and get the ball to him in many ways, but not overly show our hand until the BAMA game or later. The kid has
shown he is injury prone, so we have to be selective. But he is skilled.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be honest I don't think he's a hundred percent. He looked good but he didn't look like he quite trusted his knee yet.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I can think of two times when he was targeted. Once over the middle when Driskel was pressured into a throw on a third down that he dropped in the second quarter and one time streaking down the sideline when he clearly dropped the ball. Both could have been huge had they been completed.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll see something like this from Debose for Bama.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator said:
I'll be honest I don't think he's a hundred percent. He looked good but he didn't look like he quite trusted his knee yet.
You could be right, maybe the coaches know he's only good for so many reps a game.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n46869 said:
I think we'll see something like this from Debose for Bama.
The moment my life flashed before my eyes b/c a drunk Sasquatch picked me up and started jumping around in the stands.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Wish I knew what his deal was or better yet I wish he didn't have a deal. Kid was a monster in HS. Injured? Maybe?
I'm hoping he just hasn't been used properly and this year they get it. I still expect him to make me forget Harvin - I think he has the talent.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n46880 said:
Wish I knew what his deal was or better yet I wish he didn't have a deal. Kid was a monster in HS. Injured? Maybe?
I'm hoping he just hasn't been used properly and this year they get it. I still expect him to make me forget Harvin - I think he has the talent.
You need to let go of Urban declaring him the next Percy Harvin. It will be a long time before we see another person on Percy's level. And yes, the kid has been injured quite a bit so to still expect him to exceed Percy just isn't fair to Andre in my opinion. Just let him be Andre and try to have the best year he possibly can.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n46877 said:
The moment my life flashed before my eyes b/c a drunk Sasquatch picked me up and started jumping around in the stands.

LMAO.. Here's hoping that Sas does a lot of that this time around.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I still expect him to make me forget Harvin - I think he has the talent.
:lmao:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
You need to let go of Urban declaring him the next Percy Harvin. It will be a long time before we see another person on Percy's level. And yes, the kid has been injured quite a bit so to still expect him to exceed Percy just isn't fair to Andre in my opinion. Just let him be Andre and try to have the best year he possibly can.
And sorry, not necessarily you specifically...just fans in general. It's an unfair comparison.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So many times he just glides past tacklers somewhat like Percy did. ??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a ninth year senior. We have guys in front of him that can actually run routes and have better hands.

There's nothing wrong with being the (or one of the) SEC's best return men.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n46886 said:
LMAO.. Here's hoping that Sas does a lot of that this time around.
Sadly he'll be in Tampa and I'll be in Miami. But I'm still hopeful for something to cheer about!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n46895 said:
Sadly he'll be in Tampa and I'll be in Miami. But I'm still hopeful for something to cheer about!
I figured you two being apart would be something to cheer about.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n46899 said:
I figured you two being apart would be something to cheer about.
:lol: It might be depending on how that game goes!

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I like Debose and all, but a player like Harvin only comes around once every decade or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.