Andre Debose question

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n47729 said:
So again we all think he might have some limitations at WR. Would it be a waste of downs to try and get him the ball via direct snap, handoff or pitch a few times a game.
Hes third string again. Roper and the last the OCs have agreed it is a waste of downs.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n47833 said:
Hes third string again. Roper and the last the OCs have agreed it is a waste of downs.

He's definitely a 3rd WR but I don't think that precludes some special plays just for him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
When has anyone seen debose drop a pass before last week?
Kind of the point

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard there making him the waterboy cause he is so fast he can get water to the players after every snap and be off the field before the next snap.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
lagator;n47820 said:
Or you could direct snap it to Harris in that same situation with the option to run or throw a 70 yard TD, which seems to be his specialty. For snaps that aren't going to JD I'd prefer most go to Harris. I'll be perfectly satisfied if Andre does all of his damage on returns. If he makes significant contributions as a WR all the better, but I'm not counting on it. Devin Hester never was a productive WR in college and still made it to the NFL. Debose might end up in that same mold.

I understand your thinking with Harris, however consider that you would have to substitute to get him in the game, you wouldn't have to with Debose. Now I know some of you guys think Harris is a good runner and he is OK but when people talk about his quickness they are talking about movement to buy time while looking downfield. Harris is not going to hit a seam get into the second level and 70 yards later cross the goal line....sorry it ain't happening. Debose however could.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
lagator;n47820 said:
Or you could direct snap it to Harris in that same situation with the option to run or throw a 70 yard TD, which seems to be his specialty. For snaps that aren't going to JD I'd prefer most go to Harris. I'll be perfectly satisfied if Andre does all of his damage on returns. If he makes significant contributions as a WR all the better, but I'm not counting on it. Devin Hester never was a productive WR in college and still made it to the NFL. Debose might end up in that same mold.

I understand your thinking with Harris, however consider that you would have to substitute to get him in the game, you wouldn't have to with Debose. Now I know some of you guys think Harris is a good runner and he is OK but when people talk about his quickness they are talking about movement to buy time while looking downfield. Harris is not going to hit a seam get into the second level and 70 yards later cross the goal line....sorry it ain't happening. Debose however could.
Stranger things have happened - like Deonte making a team (and winning a ring).

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I stand corrected. Debose is not the next Harvin. Driskel however is definitely the next Tebow.
But seriosly folks some good points being made. Perception I got was he wasn't learning routes. Then injury. Then ball handling issues. Anyway here's to hoping he shakes everything and has a break out year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.