Andre The Giant

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Goldust (Dustin Rhodes) lived in a neighborhood near me when I was in middle and high school. Before she became part of the show his then wife, Marlena, would sunbath at the neighborhood pool in suites that lets just say we all had a friend in that neighborhood. Also had a B level guy Adam Bomb/wrath live up the street from me. I lived just south of Atlanta and with WCW being there it wasn’t out of the ordinary to run into one, even at places like Golden Corral. On tv next to each other they just look normal but in a crowd of regular people most are huge.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Aside from my grandfather...
Was this ever REALLY a debate? :grin:

I saw Lex Lugar, Sting (pre-makeup) and Nature Boy at the Civic center in Trailerhassee in '87.
The "hits" were even 'faker' in person without the benefit of the TV camera angles.

Good night Gordon Solie...wherever you are!
When I was 8-9-10 it was the coolest thing. We had to go to my grandmother's in Gainesville to watch it on channel 12 cause Archer only got 4 and 2. CBS and NBC. I loved Don Curtis and Eddie Graham and Malenko and Dusty and Joe Scarpa (sleeper hold) When I saw Hiro Matsuda karate chop some guy in the throat and the blood came out I knew it was real.......Then when I was 12 I went to stay two weeks in Miami with my best friend (now a judge in Levy County). His brother ( a cobra pilot home from Viet Nam) took us to the Miami Beach Convention Hall to see a steel cage match. Jack Brisco and Malenko. Sitting right there all my ideas about real wrasslin came to an end. They never hit each other and fake teeth came out,..................it was great while it lasted.
and like Gordon Solie said.................So Long from the Sunshine State....................

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Goldust (Dustin Rhodes) lived in a neighborhood near me when I was in middle and high school. Before she became part of the show his then wife, Marlena, would sunbath at the neighborhood pool in suites that lets just say we all had a friend in that neighborhood. Also had a B level guy Adam Bomb/wrath live up the street from me. I lived just south of Atlanta and with WCW being there it wasn’t out of the ordinary to run into one, even at places like Golden Corral. On tv next to each other they just look normal but in a crowd of regular people most are huge.

I’ve bumped into quite a few of them around here over the past 20 years. My take is a little different than yours...surprisingly many of them are not that big. Saw Chris Jericho at American Pie back in the day, guy looked like he was 5’8,185 soaking wet. Disco Inferno pumping gas at a Quik Trip, maybe 5’11, 210. Bumped into Scott Steiner at Dave & Busters in the early 90’s before he went totally off the deep end with the roids, he was maybe 5’10, 205. Eddie Guerrero was another guy that was pretty small in person compared to his pumped up image on TV. Now 2 guys I saw that were huge were Barry Windham and Ron Simmons. Bumped into both of them at Hartsfield Jackson on separate occasions. Windham looked every bit of 6’7, 300+ pounds, just a wall. Simmons wasn’t that tall, maybe 6’0, but he was easily 280 of solid muscle and this was wen he was in his late 40s. The guy was jacked, and not somebody I’d ever want to fcvk with.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I’ve bumped into quite a few of them around here over the past 20 years. My take is a little different than yours...surprisingly many of them are not that big. Saw Chris Jericho at American Pie back in the day, guy looked like he was 5’8,185 soaking wet. Disco Inferno pumping gas at a Quik Trip, maybe 5’11, 210. Bumped into Scott Steiner at Dave & Busters in the early 90’s before he went totally off the deep end with the roids, he was maybe 5’10, 205. Eddie Guerrero was another guy that was pretty small in person compared to his pumped up image on TV. Now 2 guys I saw that were huge were Barry Windham and Ron Simmons. Bumped into both of them at Hartsfield Jackson on separate occasions. Windham looked every bit of 6’7, 300+ pounds, just a wall. Simmons wasn’t that tall, maybe 6’0, but he was easily 280 of solid muscle and this was wen he was in his late 40s. The guy was jacked, and not somebody I’d ever want to fcvk with.

Yeah Windham is a big guy. I saw Brutus Beefcake back in the day and he was pretty big as well being on the Hogan diet.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Terri Runnels, his then wife, screen name Marlena....yes, I easily understand the neighborhood friends you adopted....

Terri_Runnels_bio--83899550b8630baad236ac77008466a6.jpg

That pick may be the most clothes I’ve ever scene on her

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator