Andreu's article on the OL

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt about them getting more reps due to the lack of depth. And if Bullard and the boys on D keep pushing them like he said in the article, they should get better. I think our D line is as good as anybody's in the conference, if these young O-linemen by the end of fall learn how to do their job and hold their own against our D-line, barring injury, we should be able to make things happen during the season.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously, if you can keep 7 healthy and in great shape and GOOD players, that's all you need. However, in the past, the OL has "leaked" (as my father used to say) even when healthy but resembled M.A.S.H. recipients most of the time. I'm afraid just the lack of numbers are going to turn out disastrous in the end.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n194631 said:
Obviously, if you can keep 7 healthy and in great shape and GOOD players, that's all you need.
No, it isn't. You can't even practice with only 7 players. It's what Mac keeps referencing saying it's a challenge because it effects other groups (DL and LB for instance, because if they are practicing only against the 240 lb walkon OLs they won't progress).

There is a reason no other team gets themselves in such a hole and a reason we are the only team I know of that doesn't have sufficient players to play a spring game... again.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still hoping that McElwain is able to bring in a couple of juco guys. He's got the scholarships and the team is obviously short in a few areas.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n194636 said:
Why are we posting GS articles on THIS board? :facepalm:

Because we don't have a paid staff to go out and talk with the folks, and some of their employees are decent (at least one).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n194666 said:
I'm still hoping that McElwain is able to bring in a couple of juco guys. He's got the scholarships and the team is obviously short in a few areas.

The jucos sigmed in December nd are already on campuses in most cases, Maybe next December. You can google he rivals juco list if you want to see that they all signed already.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n194708 said:
The jucos sigmed in December nd are already on campuses in most cases, Maybe next December. You can google he rivals juco list if you want to see that they all signed already.

Why are you whispering?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm shocked he didn't mention anything about their physiques.

Dec 10, 2014
I can see our class next year. Six OL again. Six LB. Two QB. Six WR Two TE. The rest we will only be able to take the primo guys at positions like RB, DE, DT, Safety, DB. And we are going to need a damn kicker I think.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I hope the freshman are good because they will get playing time whether they are ready or not.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n194762 said:
I hope the freshman are good because they will get playing time whether they are ready or not.

They are, but it's pretty rare to have more than one freshman OLineman do anything relevant without redshirting.
Here's who's coming in:

Ivey - #1 OT
Jordan - #3 Center
Sandifer #36 OG
Buchanan - #105 OG
Johnson - #105 OT
Desir-Jones - listed as the #71 DT, but pretty sure we recruited him to play OL

The top 3 might be able to help us - and we're probably going to need the help.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan and Ivey will get a crap ton of playing time this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.