Another Coach Thread - My Last

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n91670 said:
Patterson's first good year since joining the Big 12. Doesn't recruit well either.

I think Patterson is a good coach, but I am yet to be convinced that he's a great coach as I tend not to look at what coaches did at schools before they joined a Power 5 conference, if I did we would have wanted to hire Hawkins or some other terrible Boise St coach.

Meyer disagrees with you.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n91669 said:
He put his name in for the UT job
If he put his name in he would have gotten the job. It's not like they chose Butch Jones over him.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n91673 said:
Meyer disagrees with you.

Meyer had success at a school before Utah...Patterson just has TCU on his resume.

Patterson hasn't exactly lit it up in the Big 12 or in recruiting.

I get what you're saying about Meyer but everyone knew he was a star.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n91678 said:
Meyer had success at a school before Utah...Patterson just has TCU on his resume.

Patterson hasn't exactly lit it up in the Big 12 or in recruiting.

I get what you're saying about Meyer but everyone knew he was a star.

So because Gary Patterson stayed at one school and made it good enough to be invited to a Power 5 conference, it shouldn't count?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n91668 said:
Gundy wouldn't be a bad hire by any means, but just considering Big 12 coaches, I'd rather have Patterson. He's done more with less.

I disagree. Patterson spent most of his career in a weak conference with the most talented team. Meanwhile Gundy has been winning in a power conference with less talent or atleast not as good of recruiting grounds as a lot of the other schools in his conference.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
oxrageous;n91677 said:
If he put his name in he would have gotten the job. It's not like they chose Butch Jones over him.

They offered but he turned it down.

All I'm saying is he entertained the thought. If would entertain the thought from UT he would surely listen to us.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n91696 said:

All I'm saying is he entertained the thought. If would entertain the thought from UT he would surely listen to us.

No he didn't. He used UT to get a bump in pay at OK State. Nothing else.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n91696 said:

I read the article where he explained why he almost went to Tennessee

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
G 2;n91593 said:
Wouldn't be a terrible hire. I see him being like Mark Richt for us. Multiple 10 or 11 win seasons with no trophies. Everyone once in a while will back into a championship.

Agreed and will Gator Nation be happy with that? That is the question. That is why I don't think it will be him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n91632 said:
Someone on CBS Sports Radio this morning briefly floated Dabo as Florida's coach, but his reasoning was that he'd never catch Jimbo in the ACC. =/

Mentioned that the staff is great at recruiting talent, and mentioned the three WR's blowing up in the NFL right now. Thinks he'd get more talent at UF.

That name has been floated out there quite a bit. Dabo wouldn't be my choice but its been mentioned by quite a few people.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
NCOGator;n91752 said:
Agreed and we Gator Nation be happy with that? That is the question. That is why I don't think it will be him.

I would be elated to have 10-11 win seasons often. I don't know why any of you all think that isn't enough? Do you all really think we are going to win a national champ ever 2 years or something?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n91757 said:
I would be elated to have 10-11 win seasons often. I don't know why any of you all think that isn't enough? Do you all really think we are going to win a national champ ever 2 years or something?

I think it has more to do with the zero championships than the 10-11 win seasons.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
chferg;n91757 said:

I would like to win 10-11 games a year don't get me wrong, but I would also love to at least win a SECC as well. UGA hasn't produced in that area.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
chferg;n91757 said:

I would like to win 10-11 games a year don't get me wrong, but I would also love to at least win a SECC as well. UGA hasn't produced in that area.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
i
NCOGator;n91765 said:

We get 10-11 wins a season I promise you that we would win a couple SECG.

Georgia hasn't done well in that area, realistically outside of Florida no one on the East has. Since Saban's arrival the West has owned that game.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1372637754000-USP-MLB-Detroit-Tigers-at-Tampa-Bay-Rays-003-1306302018_4_3.jpg

He's available. Just sayin'

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n91670 said:
Patterson's first good year since joining the Big 12. Doesn't recruit well either.

I think Patterson is a good coach, but I am yet to be convinced that he's a great coach as I tend not to look at what coaches did at schools before they joined a Power 5 conference, if I did we would have wanted to hire Hawkins or some other terrible Boise St coach.

I think you're taking Patterson's recruiting at TCU a little too seriously. History tells us kids will flock to UF to play for a proven winning coach.
Patterson is exactly that. I have no doubt he would do well here. As for Gundy I think he'd certainly be an upgrade, but I also think it would take him
a few years for us to contend. He is going through a little bit of what Muschamp went through last year with an injury to a starting QB. They just got
beat badly on homecoming against a decent WV squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.