Another idiot Florida "fan"

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember watching the Tennessee cheerleaders, FSU staff, Georgia players, etc. stopping Tebow to take pictures with him. It happened almost every game in 2008 and 2009. I thought that was crazy but Tebow was a cultural phenomenon. I know lots of 'Noles who loved what the guy stood for even if they hated the Gators. This...this...Winston is a damn woman abuser and a thief. Terrible human being and certainly not a rival anybody would root for. I wouldn't want his autograph even if I was 'Nole. This is completely unacceptable.

There are some FORMER 'Nole players I've met and I actually like. Casey Weldon comes to mind. I told him how impressed I was with his performance in the 1991 game in Gainesville where our defense put a brutal beatdown on him. Tough kid. We kept pounding him into the dirt, and he kept getting back up. Darren Mickell spent the entire afternoon in the FSU backfield.

I hate what he did to us as a player (especially that wheel route he took to the house in '93--I'm still waiting for the ref to throw the flag for the block in the back) but Warrick Dunn is a rival who is a good role model. His mom was a police officer who died in the line of duty. He played the game the right way and has helped many families buy homes through his charitable efforts after he went pro.

Of course I NEVER rooted for those fellas while they played for the 'Noles, but years later, I could express some respect for them as players and as men (as opposed to the jerks I'd like to punch in the throat like Janikowski or Dockett). With a guy like Weldon or Dunn I would shake hands, maybe even pose for a photo...but ask for an autograph on a Gator shirt or hat? No effing way, not ever, under absolutely no circumstances. Hell naw.

And those guys are respectable--but freakin' Winston! While he's an active player for FSU? After all the crap he's pulled? WTF is wrong with people? I'm not the kind of guy who roots for injuries but if one of our defenders were to knock him the F out in Tallahassee this year, it would be hard to think anything other that "the punk deserves it". F that POS.

Alex.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We're in a culture that says that you have to be in love and tolerant of everything and that old fashioned hated rivalry stuff is for old fashioned people, like the caveman. At least until it's something that's against what they think or believe because then it's torches and pitchforks time.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Times have changed. Young people don't see things the way we do in so many ways. However, getting any Gator gear signed by any Seminole is the most disrespectful thing you can do.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you guys are missing the point. I wouldn't have Aaron Hernandez sign my Gator gear. It's not because I don't love the Gators, it's because he murdered somebody. There is nothing old fashioned about that concept.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n4302 said:
I think you guys are missing the point. I wouldn't have Aaron Hernandez sign my Gator gear. It's not because I don't love the Gators, it's because he murdered somebody. There is nothing old fashioned about that concept.
Exactly. If he was a high character guy like Danny or Tim, I might be tempted to get in line to get his autograph too (although not in Gator gear). He is far from a Danny or Tim however.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
PastyStoole;n4302 said:
Exactly. If he was a high character guy like Danny or Tim, I might be tempted to get in line to get his autograph too (although not in Gator gear). He is far from a Danny or Tim however.
I liked Warrick Dunn, Hines Ward and Charlie Ward but wouldn't have a jersey or autograph from them. And I agree with you, certainly not in Gator gear.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n4302 said:

[video=youtube;jKGjOE_7bYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKGjOE_7bYI[/video]

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder how much food you can wrap up in it and steal from a Publix?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n4280 said:
Times have changed. Young people don't see things the way we do in so many ways. However, getting any Gator gear signed by any Seminole is the most disrespectful thing you can do.

nice :thumbup:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have no doubt that WDC would wear that with pride.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if you ain't a Gator, then your Gator bait. Can't have it both ways...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I sat next to a Bammer at the 1996 SECC game and he said Danny was the greatest QB he ever saw, and that he always thought Namath was, a pretty good compliment. I had one sit next to me in 2008 and after Tebow led us back without Harvin, he got up to leave and smiled and said, 'greatest player of all time, not even close'. There can be high praise and respect within most of the SEC, except UGA, and never for the Evil Nole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.