Founding Member
Anonymous narc?

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You could look and see we were smaller. I would think maybe we will be quicker, but no Alabama and Georgia finds players over 7 ft 680 lbs. And can run 3.5 40.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You could look and see we were smaller. I would think maybe we will be quicker, but no Alabama and Georgia finds players over 7 ft 680 lbs. And can run 3.5 40.
Our FAU and Houston Baptist Diamonds in the Rough weren't faster either.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A month or so ago I was walking into a baseball game at the same time the football players were walking to the practice field. I happen to be walking with the LB's (saw the names on the back of t-shirts) and asked them if they were the actual LB's? They said yes and these were the guys who play and are likely to play, a lot, this year. I commented that they looked a bit small and not much bigger than I am. I am roughly 5'9" and I am assuming they are hoping for a speedy group. But I fear if we go up against a physical offense, we could possibly get pushed around a bit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone who couldn't notice was blind....Even when some of our guys were the appropriate weight for their position they seemed to lack that "pumped look" in their arms, necks and thighs that really tells you a player has been training at an elite level. It really rears it ugly head when you look at the offensive line group and the lack of weight gain in the LB group since Davis left is downright dumbfounding......We've been playing CFB with a whole lot of guys who still have HS bodies.....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's about time to offer Mac another raise and extension.

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
I have thought for the last few years neither of our lines have been getting any real push like they used to. You could tell they just weren’t as physical. Part of that might be talent, but most was definitely conditioning.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
They wouldn't have been weaklings if MacTard was worth a sh!t. So Mullen's rebuild job is that much tougher, but at least he's got a few months to build a real football team.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
But I fear if we go up against a physical offense, we could possibly get pushed around a bit.
Without the Bullard's and Brantley's here anymore to keep opposing OL from getting to our LB's they are going to have a terrible time playing against conference competition. This isn't new though in fact other than J. Davis we haven't had adequate sized backers since Jenkins, Bostic and McCray graduated....Here's what I'm talking about first hand

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Foley knew exactly what he was buying when he went for that butter toothed whack job.

What an *******.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, this whole thing is a clusterf*ck of an embarrassment for the football program and even more so for the people above it who apparently were asleep at the wheel.

I don't recall this degree of neglect since I became a Florida Gator 43 years ago.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The whole team has been soft, lacked discipline, and did what they wanted for years and years. Can't wait for a change and hope the new coaching staff makes players cry.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
A month or so ago I was walking into a baseball game at the same time the football players were walking to the practice field. I happen to be walking with the LB's (saw the names on the back of t-shirts) and asked them if they were the actual LB's? They said yes and these were the guys who play and are likely to play, a lot, this year. I commented that they looked a bit small and not much bigger than I am. I am roughly 5'9" and I am assuming they are hoping for a speedy group. But I fear if we go up against a physical offense, we could possibly get pushed around a bit.
I went to a couple of the closed practices with my dad and i noticed that myself. I'm 36 yrs old 6'2 238 and i was way bigger than our LB's and in better shape also. We have got to start landing some thumpers in the 6'2-6'4 230-250 range this cycle. Hopefully Reese can come in and contribute early because we're going to need his size/speed this season!

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
It's one thing to be a bad recruiter or horrible with x's & o's. (Which Mac was)

"Want to" is a skill that everyone has, but not everyone uses. Laziness is unforgivable, which is why Muschamp is forgiven, but Mac never will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.