Another player speaks out about dismal S&C program

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
They wouldn't have been weaklings if MacTard was worth a sh!t. So Mullen's rebuild job is that much tougher, but at least he's got a few months to build a real football team.
Yeah...we're looking at a 3-4 yr rebuild if we're lucky! We have to overhaul this sh*try ass roster with guys who actually deserves to be here and build facilities before we can say we're back.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Foley should give back part of his salary for creating this mess. Either that or put in community service time picking up trash along I-75.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I went to a couple of the closed practices with my dad and i noticed that myself. I'm 36 yrs old 6'2 238 and i was way bigger than our LB's and in better shape also. We have got to start landing some thumpers in the 6'2-6'4 230-250 range this cycle. Hopefully Reese can come in and contribute early because we're going to need his size/speed this season!
A good part of it is training and another good part is the recruiting process. We're taking LB's for the most part who come because they were someone else's plan B... Most HS studs start showing promise in the 9th and 10th grade so the best recruiter's start doing their evaluations then and have started a relationship. They're also trying to do home visits to see genetics of the family for growth potential......laugh all you want about that but a friend of mine(OU fan) used tell me that back in the 70's and 80's Tom Osbourne of Nebraska got word of any 10# plus male baby that was born in the Midwest.....:lol2: It's never too soon to start your recruiting evaluations......

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Foley should give back part of his salary for creating this mess. Either that or put in community service time picking up trash along I-75.
I'm convinced that Foley picked up more than his share of trash over the years...It's all over the facilities and football program as we speak.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On and on, Mcfailure plagued UF. All those poor young Gators, all messed up and no place to grow.
How spiritually debilitating is it to be conned into unpreparedness. How demotivating to have a coach-crew that systematically demoralizes you. Strength & power are the essence of football. And yet McElwain was the abscess of football.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I have thought for the last few years neither of our lines have been getting any real push like they used to. You could tell they just weren’t as physical. Part of that might be talent, but most was definitely conditioning.

Casey sighting in a thread!! :faint:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He also should be forced to join this site and participate several hours daily in a question and answer period in the shat box.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I wanted to give you a like for this and I truly appreciate your line of thinking regarding community service, but I personally do not want Fooley picking up garbage along I-75. Why? B/C that would mean Fooley would physically be in the continental United States, therefore close enough for his stench to still be permeating throughout the area!!!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Shocked.gif

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks to MooseDump, Butters, Summers and Brad Davis we have about 4 OL that should have scholarships to SEC schools. The rest are MAC, FAU, FIU, etc. type players. I have been very thankful the past few years that Taylor's Cocoa OL coach taught him how to pass block in HS...

Michigan whipped our asses on the LOS in Dallas last year and looked like champions... then the next week against an ordinary team they looked ordinary... Mullen has a HUGE job ahead of him and he significantly needs to pick up his recruiting efforts...

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks to MooseDump, Butters, Summers and Brad Davis we have about 4 OL that should have scholarships to SEC schools. The rest are MAC, FAU, FIU, etc. type players. I have been very thankful the past few years that Taylor's Cocoa OL coach taught him how to pass block in HS...

Michigan whipped our asses on the LOS in Dallas last year and looked like champions... then the next week against an ordinary team they looked ordinary... Mullen has a HUGE job ahead of him and he significantly needs to pick up his recruiting efforts...

I saw USCe vs meatchicken in the Outback bowl and wondered how this UM bag of scrubs made us look like Pop Warner. Sat next to the USCe band it was a blast. Meatchicken's play was average at best and the in-game decisions of Harbaugh were on par with MacTurd's. Blew a 19-3 lead and lost to the chimp 26-19 HAHAHA!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I agree this staff has a big job in front of them, but I don't think it's a 3 to 4 year project. This is college football, where 3 years is a lifetime (ask Butters). Who are the 4 OL's that should have scholarships? I think Ivey, Taylor, and Heggie are no doubt SEC level. Delance, TJ Moore & Gouraige are, at least until we see them on the field. Johnson? Nope. McCoy? Maybe. Jordan? Maybe. Forsythe? Maybe. Buchanan? Nope. Harkless? Nope. Bleich? Probably. McDowell? Probably. Banks (JUCO kid)? Maybe. That's 3 'nope's', 3 "maybe's", 2 "probably's", and 6 "yes". (14 total OLs).

It doesn't take years for a S&C program to be effective. These guys should be ready to go this fall after 9 months in the S&C program or we need a new S&C coach. We saw the progress they posted (in tweets) earlier this spring after just 8-10 weeks of hard work. If they work hard, they should be ready to play. Add in better coaching and HOPEFULLY they're serviceable. I don't expect an Alabama OL, but a top 6 or 7 SEC OL should help us improve. The biggest key is getting Heggie back healthy. That gives the coaches a lot of flexibility.

Add in a new 'attitude' within the program and we should easily win 6 games this year!! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.