Recruiting Another recruit decommits

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we play well and kids see us as a good fit for their skills, we'll be turning recruits away. In the meantime, not gonna worry about it.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you are wrong. Not that he is the greatest player in the world, that's not the point. He is a pretty good player, I guess, what do I know? But I think it's very bad news because it lends to the image of things falling apart in Gainesville. Momentum is as important in rcruiting as it is in games and you have to start worrying about the perception that everyone is jumping off the S.S. Muschamp. From ll the players that transferred, Phillips resignation, and now two flips from UF in the space of a week. What would you think if you were looking at UF?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is scary to me. We are not losing much here, but we need to change this momentum around in the next 11 days. There are 3 recruits announcing that would be huge gets for us.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh, it's just a commit. They flip flop all the time these days. Wait till signing day before you freak out.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's going on at First Coast HS in Jacksonville? There are about 5 D-1 type players on that team and none of them are committed to UF with Payton's decommitment. FSU has two, South Carolina has one, now two are uncommitted. One would think that HS, right in the heart of Gator country, would be a UF factory. Unfortunately, FSU seems to get the bulk of talent from that school.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n16607 said:
What's going on at First Coast HS in Jacksonville? There are about 5 D-1 type players on that team and none of them are committed to UF with Payton's decommitment. FSU has two, South Carolina has one, now two are uncommitted. One would think that HS, right in the heart of Gator country, would be a UF factory. Unfortunately, FSU seems to get the bulk of talent from that school.

Everybody knows players from Jacksonville suck. :whistle:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's July, we are more than 6 months away from National Signing Day. Nothing to freak out about, it is just a 16/17 year old and that mentality.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even though it is early in the process, I would expect solid commitments from the kids we have offered who truly want to come to the University of Florida. After that pool of players are those who think they want to play football here. Then they have to qualify academically...and frankly, that probably scares a few of these kids off. We do have standards that are being adhered to and some kids find the standards too rigid or difficult to achieve. Others, like basketball's Chris Walker, accept the challenge in order to better themselves and play ball. I'll take that kind of kid any day.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a very surprising de-commit and a big one at that. I'm stunned. Tristan has been rocketing up the rating charts because he's had OUTSTANDING camps. In addition to that he's been recruiting for us and is close with several 4 and 5 star recruits and he's been pushing them to commit to us. Just stunned.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Another alarming fact: we had 3 WR under Phillips. We have lost all 3 since he left.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator;n16644 said:
Another alarming fact: we had 3 WR under Phillips. We have lost all 3 since he left.

Wow. I hope Leak is working the recruiting circuit.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How many commits do we have now? 7-8? This is what happens when you keep a coach that is firmly on the hot seat. I know its a long way to NSD and I'm no recruiting guru, but I can't recall us being in this bad of shape in a long time.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
How many commits do we have now? 7-8? This is what happens when you keep a coach that is firmly on the hot seat. I know its a long way to NSD and I'm no recruiting guru, but I can't recall us being in this bad of shape in a long time.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n16629 said:
This is a very surprising de-commit and a big one at that. I'm stunned. Tristan has been rocketing up the rating charts because he's had OUTSTANDING camps. In addition to that he's been recruiting for us and is close with several 4 and 5 star recruits and he's been pushing them to commit to us. Just stunned.

Not stunned here, but very surprised. As you mentioned he basically has been recruiting for us which would make one think that he was a solid commit. If he doesn't sign with us we'll just have to see what bag man from another university made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;16650 said:
GatorJ;n16629 said:
Not stunned here, but very surprised. As you mentioned he basically has been recruiting for us which would make one think that he was a solid commit. If he doesn't sign with us we'll just have to see what bag man from another university made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

He's looking at USC. I'm not sure if that's South Carolina or USCW. I would think it's South Carolina…

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We had a pretty damn good signing class after our 4-8 season and all those kids knew Muchamp was being retained. I swear some of you only look for the clouds.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n16653 said:
We had a pretty damn good signing class after our 4-8 season and all those kids knew Muchamp was being retained. I swear some of you only look for the clouds.
Where's the silver lining in currently having the 10th ranked recruiting class within our own conference? How would you spin this as a positive, Nav?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n16655 said:
Where's the silver lining in currently having the 10th ranked recruiting class within our own conference? How would you spin this as a positive, Nav?

I don't need to spin anything. the 2015 class is still a very long way from being finished. Muschamp has been pretty good at flipping some big names at the last minute to turn in a very respectable final grade when all the letters are signed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.