Another Trask Thread

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm certainly not on the Del Rio bandwagon. How can you trust a guy that has been transferring every year? .

How many times are we gonna go down this road??? There WERE extenuating circumstances and legitimate reasons for those two transfers.

He may end up all SEC or he may end up a career clipboard holder, but considering our circumstances... I'm glad he's at UF.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Last year showed how important a good backup is. If Trask turns out to be nothing but a decent backup, I'll be more than happy about that. If he beats the odds and becomes a reliable starter, than good for him and hopefully us too.

THIS. At a bare minimum, if QB1 goes down for an injury, academics, or some bonehead off field offense, we aren't looking at the sideline and deciding to turn off the tv. At a MINIMUM, we are better off than we were. We have choices that didn't exist before.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
How many times are we gonna go down this road??? There WERE extenuating circumstances and legitimate reasons for those two transfers.

He may end up all SEC or he may end up a career clipboard holder, but considering our circumstances... I'm glad he's at UF.
I'm sorry to deepen the rut in the Del Rio road, but there are always extenuating circumstances for these guys transferring. But the main extenuating circumstance is usually riding the pine. That said, I hope he's an all star. Certainly nobody can deny we need help at QB.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Never fear, the guy who couldn't stay on the field for purdue even though he played against crap teams and had zero quality competition behind him is going to be our savior guys. Applebees is a 5* restaurant, didn't you know?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm sorry to deepen the rut in the Del Rio road, but there are always extenuating circumstances for these guys transferring. But the main extenuating circumstance is usually riding the pine. That said, I hope he's an all star. Certainly nobody can deny we need help at QB.

1. LDR was a true freshman when he transferred from Bama. Of course he was riding the pine. AJ McCarron was the starter. He left because of numbers.
2. As a redshirt freshman (?), he earned the backup job at Oregon St. That's not bad. He transferred from there because the new coach was going to a spread-option. Why would he stay there? He'd never play in that system.
3. So he transferred here. A place where he gets an immediate opportunity to show what he can do.

Last edited:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1. LDR was a true freshman when he transferred from Bama. Of course he was riding the pine. AJ McCarron was the starter. He left because of numbers.
2. As a redshirt freshman (?), he earned the backup job at Oregon St. That's not bad. He transferred from there because the new coach was going to a spread-option. Why would he stay there? He'd never play in that system.
3. So he transferred here. A place where he gets an immediate opportunity to show what he can do.

Please don't muddy the waters on this with facts and common sense.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Earlier I was over at gatorcountry reading the latest podcast, and Andrew and Nick basically said that if only one freshman redshirts, then that would be Franks, not Trask. They went on to say that Trask has been the most improved QB over spring, and he is actually pushing to be the #2 guy this Fall; however, it is unlikely that he'll actually be the #2 simply based on inexperience.

I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the hype is true tomorrow night.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

He transferred to be a back up. Grier was going to start when all was said and done. No way he could've known Grier was going to go PED on us.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He transferred to be a back up. Grier was going to start when all was said and done. No way he could've known Grier was going to go PED on us.

UF appealed to the NCAA to allow him to play immediately but were denied. I'm assuming the NCAA didn't want to grant a waiver a second year in a row after doing so for Oregon St. He wasn't brought in just to be Grier's backup. He was brought in to compete for the starting position. Many have said he was ahead of Grier last year and would have started but of course he had to sit out.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Don't recall this at all. Not starting crap but who said this?

It was stated just today here on local radio. The topic being LDR. A number of the media here in Jax are gator alums. Their sources told them. You know the drill. How reliable that is, is up to you. Brent Beard who has covered SEC football for years stated it many times, most recently in an interview here locally.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It was stated just today here on local radio. The topic being LDR. A number of the media here in Jax are gator alums. Their sources told them. You know the drill. How reliable that is, is up to you. Brent Beard who has covered SEC football for years stated it many times, most recently in an interview here locally.

I always wonder if it is just spin because he is the heir apparent versus was he actually better than Grier. Hell, people are calling him check down charlie. So which is it?

I seriously doubt he'd be anything but number two this season if Grier were here. Just MHO only.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

You mean Franz Beard???.....he makes shiit up constantly.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lol...yeah crap teams; one in the conference that took us behind the woodshed...
point? we were a crap team last year as well, and also one that had quit by the bowl game. big10 was a :kiffin: conference last year, don't really know why anyone would argue against that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like I've said before it makes no difference to me who winds up getting the spot. Just be a good player, manage the O, and don't throw picks. We've had an improvement drastically already with Harris being moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.