Antonio Calloway: Arrested and cut yet again

Which aspect of Kyle Trask's possible success would be more important to you?

• Gators success on the field

Votes: 60 53.6%
  • Embarrassing Swamp Donkey

Votes: 52 46.4%

• Total voters

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I wish this kid nothing but the best... he has made mistakes, but I hope he gets things going in the right direction. He has all the talent to be a great NFL WR

What's most frustrating is that if you or I had credit card fraud arrest and multiple marijuana arrests, it would take decades (if ever) for us to get back on track.

All he has to do is stay out of trouble until the season starts. If he can stay clean for his rookie contract, he will make generational wealth.

Frustrating

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What's most frustrating is that if you or I had credit card fraud arrest and multiple marijuana arrests, it would take decades (if ever) for us to get back on track.

All he has to do is stay out of trouble until the season starts. If he can stay clean for his rookie contract, he will make generational wealth.

Frustrating
If his brains were gunpowder, he couldn't blow his nose without a blasting cap. He'll be drafted late and wash out of the league quickly.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The guy’s one of the biggest busts we’ve ever recruited as well as one of the dumbest. I don’t give a flip who he blames for his transgressions nor do I wish him success. A lot of other people and/or players are in line ahead of this piece of schite.
He was a 3 star unheralded recruit. You could argue he overproduced. He was dumb and single handidly derailed the 2017 before it started but I wouldn’t call him one of the biggest busts. He did beat UT

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For sure had Callaway not been caught, his "new-found" not so bad conscience would have turned himself in.
------------------------------------------------------------
Ain't he a puppet with a few strings cut
Just enough freedom to tangle hisself up.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Make the team. Make some money. Pay your taxes. Don't have a million kids. Don't be a dooshbag.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Make the team. Make some money. Pay your taxes. Don't have a million kids. Don't be a dooshbag.

He was given a scholarship to a great university because of his athletic ability. After rising to early fame, he blew that opportunity by having in-house suspensions, being accused of sexual misconduct and ring-leading a credit card fraud scheme(all in roughly 2 years). Despite all this, he was granted a new life with the NFL draft until he blew a prearranged drug test, causing his stock to drop. Once drafted and signed, he went almost 4 months before his next legal encounter involving drugs and gun(parts). In less than two seasons as a professional he twice faced multi game suspensions before being cut from the league. He then was given a shot at a lesser league which ultimately folded, and is now being given a new lucrative contract to play in the NFL as a professional once again.

To be clear, I’ll be pulling for him. I just wish guys like him were given the same opportunities to be successful as the rest of us. Maybe one day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was given a scholarship to a great university because of his athletic ability. After rising to early fame, he blew that opportunity by having in-house suspensions, being accused of sexual misconduct and ring-leading a credit card fraud scheme(all in roughly 2 years)..
You don't give him any credit for convincing Butters to retire on duty? Sure, Butters was begging Oregon St and Nebraska to hire him long before the 4 win season, but surely Callaway bears some of the honor.

Exposed how thoroughly and completely disfunctional the program STILL was after the Valium Creyer and Mushdump years sure is an achievement.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was a 3 star unheralded recruit. You could argue he overproduced. He was dumb and single handidly derailed the 2017 before it started but I wouldn’t call him one of the biggest busts. He did beat UT

Yes he helped beat UT, but not has much as UT schitty defense. Up by multiple scores goes prevent, but then on fourth down worries about short stuff instead of putting the DBs on the line, saying just don't be past year. Very talented. But lets not pretend that UT was suffering from battered wife syndrome at the time. Like UK until Mullens came along UT looked for ways to lose at the end of games especially against the Muschump.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Callaway was not a three star. He was a five star knucklehead and a four star recruit (though a low 4 four star to be sure).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes he helped beat UT, but not has much as UT schitty defense. Up by multiple scores goes prevent, but then on fourth down worries about short stuff instead of putting the DBs on the line, saying just don't be past year. Very talented. But lets not pretend that UT was suffering from battered wife syndrome at the time. Like UK until Mullens came along UT looked for ways to lose at the end of games especially against the Muschump.

The “spy” on a completely gassed Grier in 4th and 14, instead of any type of pressure was just the ultimate check mate by Jones.

As was the offensive clinic he put on during their prior possession. A mind like this can’t be taught. You’re either born with it or you’re not.

Tennessee Volunteers at Florida Gators 2015 Full Game cfedit 60 fps on Make a GIF

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The “spy” on a completely gassed Grier in 4th and 14, instead of any type of pressure was just the ultimate check mate by Jones.

As was the offensive clinic he put on during their prior possession. A mind like this can’t be taught. You’re either born with it or you’re not.

Tennessee Volunteers at Florida Gators 2015 Full Game cfedit 60 fps on Make a GIF

The amount of stupid that Tennessee did in that fourth quarter is amazing. Similar to the amount of stupid UK did in 2017 to allow us to win that game in Kentucky. Let's leave the primary receiver without a defensive play within 10 yards while lined up at the goal line. I mean that kind of stupid only comes from Injun or the men that believe URG's grinder profile.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
No matter how bad things get, we can always look down at Ut.

Callaway should only ever be signed for the minimum with incentives tied to performance on the field and behavior off it. He does have elite quicks and speed, but his head should have pushed him waaay further down the draft. It’s not like he was ever going to be Julio or Mike Evans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.