Any good Netflix recommendations

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Are there any good series to binge watch for the summer?
I've finished House of Cards ...

On a side note - I have to wonder about Netflix recommendations ... because no list of WWII related shows could be considered complete without Bob Saget:

Netflix_recs.png

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is a 8 part hbo mini series that I just started on Amazon.... I would assume it is one Netflix.... About John Adams. I really like it so far. Very historically accurate from what I think I know.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
There is a 8 part hbo mini series that I just started on Amazon.... I would assume it is one Netflix.... About John Adams. I really like it so far. Very historically accurate from what I think I know.

I saw that the first time it came out on HBO but only watched maybe the first two or three episodes.
Is this the one with Paul Giamatti?
If so... it was outstanding from what I remember.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are there any good series to binge watch for the summer?
I've finished House of Cards ...

On a side note - I have to wonder about Netflix recommendations ... because no list of WWII related shows could be considered complete without Bob Saget:

Netflix_recs.png
Don't you remember the episode when Joey did the impersonation of Hitler? He did it for all of Jesse and the Rippers fans when they were playing at Disney on the main stage and he was stalling because Jesse was proposing.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Don't you remember the episode when Joey did the impersonation of Hitler? He did it for all of Jesse and the Rippers fans when they were playing at Disney on the main stage and he was stalling because Jesse was proposing.
Of course I remember... great episode :lol:

Heil Hitler

4dcd0bceaa815e1a7960e799b4dca86f.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw that the first time it came out on HBO but only watched maybe the first two or three episodes.
Is this the one with Paul Giamatti?
If so... it was outstanding from what I remember.

Yes, that one.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hell on wheels is a good show and if you need help falling asleep i recommend bloodline

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Netflix:
We're currently working our way through Burn Notice and The Walking Dead. Just about finished with Dare Devil Season 2.
We finished Parks N Rec a few months ago - that show was much funnier than I remembered on cable (maybe it's just the lack of commercials).

Amazon Prime:
Highly recommend Alpha House with John Goodman and Catastrophe.
Both only 2 seasons so far - these 2 shows are some of the funniest television I've seen in a long time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like Orange is the new black and I'm man enough to admit it! I feel better after telling someone.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just started on The Americans on Amazon. Good so far.

Gotta watch Archer on Netflix. Danger zone!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
parks and rec is ok but I wish Ron Swanson had his own show.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Just started on The Americans on Amazon. Good so far.

Gotta watch Archer on Netflix. Danger zone!

Just saw the episode where Archer "hires" Kenny Loggins to play Lana's baby shower... funny stuff

latest

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Archer, DareDevil (surprisingly good action), Burn Notice is fun until the last couple of seasons, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead is hit and miss but easier to watch on Netflix, The League (funny $hit, see clip), Always Sunny in Philadelphia (funnier ****).

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a huge fan of Parks and Rec (obviously) and the Office. Parks and Rec starts off slow and gets better with each season. If you've never watched it before, you may want to start with season 2, watch them all, and then watch season 1 last. I thought season 1 was funnier after the show ended than when I first saw it.

There's lots of good 30 for 30's on Netflix as well if you're a documentary type of guy. I also enjoy the show TURN, which is about the spy ring during the American Revolution. The show takes some liberties on a few things with the subplots, but for the most part it's historically accurate on the main plot points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator