Anyone been to Neyland?

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So I’m planning to go to Knoxville for the game next month. It’ll be my first Gator game in person in 15 years. Any advice on things to do there? I’ll be visiting my sister who is getting her MBA there but she’s not much of a sports fan. Also I can’t find tickets under $100 a pop. Is that to be expected or is there a better way to find cheaper tickets that I’m not aware of? Thanks in advance for y’all’s help!!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So I’m planning to go to Knoxville for the game next month. It’ll be my first Gator game in person in 15 years. Any advice on things to do there? I’ll be visiting my sister who is getting her MBA there but she’s not much of a sports fan. Also I can’t find tickets under $100 a pop. Is that to be expected or is there a better way to find cheaper tickets that I’m not aware of? Thanks in advance for y’all’s help!!
Since you're going to neyland, and visiting your sister you might as well bang her too. When in Rome...

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
IMO the place is a dump & the seats are smaller than other stadiums so they could claim a bigger capacity a few years back. Prepare for for some mind-numbing redneck hillbillies screaming obscenities at you. If you hear a banjo don’t look, just keep moving until you’re out of range.

Other than that it’s an interesting place set right by the river. Check out all the boats that lots of fans take, much like RV tailgating, to the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5lwV9e0.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Get in free, show up with a gutbucket & string and tell the gateman you play in the UT marching band.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Stay around Seiverville north of the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg tourist trap and drive in and out of Knoxville. Nothing to see in that ****hole besides the football game.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
IMO the place is a dump & the seats are smaller than other stadiums so they could claim a bigger capacity a few years back. Prepare for for some mind-numbing redneck hillbillies screaming obscenities at you. If you hear a banjo don’t look, just keep moving until you’re out of range.

Other than that it’s an interesting place set right by the river. Check out all the boats that lots of fans take, much like RV tailgating, to the game.

I can vouch for this. The river and the tailgating boats are a great setting. But them boys ain’t real big on us Gators. I’m glad I did it once. I won’t do it again.

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I went in 1990, Spurrier’s first year. They threatened to throw us off the top of the stadium. We were 2 rows from the top in nosebleed section. Overall they were real a$$holes to Gator fans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.