Anyone been to Neyland?

g8orbill

OldGator
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2018
was just in knoxville and my /gator truck was not well received-road by the stadium-POS erector set with lots of rust

had a friend tell me he went once and would never go again-he was not mistreated just the nose bleed seats are a long long ways from the field

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
fail.jpg
Back rest. :lol:

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Don't worry since we have been beating that hillbilly ass so often they are all kind of numb to it. Just threaten to take their meth away and you will be alright. Oh and scalpers are usually best and worse way to get cheaper tickets.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some funny stuff on here but pretty much right on. It can be a rough place. I have not been back since '96 and I live up here. They definitely do not like anything Gator, at all. Not saying you would not have a good time but they are pretty rough. My advice would be if you have some UT fans that you get along with, go with them you'll be ok.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I went in 2010. We had a blast! Pregame we tailgated in a parking lot and made our way down to the docks. Ended up getting on a couple of the houseboats, 2 were all Gators, no Vols allowed! At gametime we made our way to our seats in the nosebleeds. As I recall it was a 3:30 game and it was every bit as hot and humid at the Swamp. We beat them pretty handily, Dooley was their coach after all. Late in the 4th as the Vol masses evacuated Neyland me and my buddies started the "Nah nah nah nah hey hey goodbye" chant which eventually filled the stadium.

The don't do a good job cleaning up inside or outside the stadium. There was Oregon Ducks stuff all over the place, they had played there the week before.

Bathrooms in the nosebleeds are small and dirty. Worst I had seen since the Orange Bowl in Miami.

As always go with a good attitude and you will have fun.

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I went in 2014.....had a blast. We parked at the Women's Basketball HOF ($20) and walked to Calhoun's on the river. For the most part the UT fans were ok. The Vol Navy was impressive as we walked to the stadium.
Have fun. Go Gators!!

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It's one big dump. A 100k HS stadium. Unless you're under an awning it's going to be hot and like you're trapped in a sardine can. Prepare For Rocky top to be played a ton. The babes are nice but the stadium experience and atmosphere isn't anything grand. As for food you could go to Calhoun on the river, Smokey Mountain Brewery, copper cellar, Connors, chop house, etc in Knoxville, . Also the strip 95% done with construction so traffic won't be as bad*.

* parking is available at many of the downtown garages from Gay, State, Walnut(Market Square/Langley). It will cost you $15-20 and be a 15-20 min walk to neyland if Mcclung, neyland garage, 15C, WHOF, are full. There's a ton of parking but it fills up fast.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I went in 1990, Spurrier’s first year. They threatened to throw us off the top of the stadium. We were 2 rows from the top in nosebleed section. Overall they were real a$$holes to Gator fans...
THEY DID THROW SOMEONE OFF, I forget the year, 96 or 98. He was a doctor. Was in a coma for a long time first before dying.

Bunch of trailer trash. They should burn that shythole down.

Reasonable people agree.

SEC fans love Death Valley, have major beef with Neyland Stadium

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Some funny stuff on here but pretty much right on. It can be a rough place. I have not been back since '96 and I live up here. They definitely do not like anything Gator, at all. Not saying you would not have a good time but they are pretty rough. My advice would be if you have some UT fans that you get along with, go with them you'll be ok.

Or sit in the Gator section and hope many leave early. I have heard things happening before and after games even from say police. I would never go.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Been twice. Vastly different experiences.

04 we did the college bar and house party scene. Not the best, couple of shouting matches and got spit on. Sat in the nose bleeds and it was unseasonably cool - I remember shivering because the wind was blowing across the stadium towards the Tennessee river. We lost on BS too.

06 we did the nicer bars and Vol Navy. Way better. Caught a bunch of smack talk but it was lighthearted and fun. Had better seats and got to Gator chomp with Tebow and Meyer after we won. Lots of fun.

Guess what I’m getting at is if you run with the students, probably going to be rough. If you hang with the grads, probably have a better chance at an enjoyable experience.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
So I’m planning to go to Knoxville for the game next month. It’ll be my first Gator game in person in 15 years. Any advice on things to do there? I’ll be visiting my sister who is getting her MBA there but she’s not much of a sports fan. Also I can’t find tickets under $100 a pop. Is that to be expected or is there a better way to find cheaper tickets that I’m not aware of? Thanks in advance for y’all’s help!!
I've been 1 time. Parking sucked and had a long walk in the blazing heat. Awesome game though, so it was worth it for sure!!!!!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Should be shown at every appropriate opportunity. I can't stress that enough..

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
So I’m planning to go to Knoxville for the game next month. It’ll be my first Gator game in person in 15 years. Any advice on things to do there? I’ll be visiting my sister who is getting her MBA there but she’s not much of a sports fan. Also I can’t find tickets under $100 a pop. Is that to be expected or is there a better way to find cheaper tickets that I’m not aware of? Thanks in advance for y’all’s help!!

I will assume you already have a place to stay.
If not - I always stay at The Tennesseean. It’s across from the convention center.

For something to do (apparently besides your sister- ...damn Durty :)

There’s a pedestrian area called Market Square.
Emilia’s is great - just ate there this past week.
Stock and Barrell for Burgers.
Tupelo Honey and JC Holdway are excellent for southern cooking.
Peter Kerns Library is a speak easy and then there’s Nama for sushi.
There was something else ...hmm.

Oh yeah - don’t sleep on your stomach.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Or sit in the Gator section and hope many leave early. I have heard things happening before and after games even from say police. I would never go.

Yep. I gave my tickets a few years back to a co worker (UF fan) in the UF section. He took his son, we won (of course) and while walking back to the bus he was sucker puched and broke his jaw. I have been to every stadium in the conference except Mizzou and aTm. I will take a trip to LSUck or Tuscaloosa over UToothless.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I was there in 2016, only one negative interaction and that was when a UT fan decided to butt into a conversation when I said to my cousin that the win didn’t make Jones a good coach. He wanted me to know how great Jones was. In hindsight, I win that debate by a mile

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can vouch for this. The river and the tailgating boats are a great setting. But them boys ain’t real big on us Gators. I’m glad I did it once. I won’t do it again.
... Yeah, they panic at news there's a gator in the water.
Only time I went the whole stadium had a convulsive case of the hicks up.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I went the year of 31-0 shellacking for us. Worst I have ever been treated by another fan-base. We hung out on the main drag (Cumberland maybe?) and had a great time, until we went to the stadium. Got funneled through a gauntlet of toofless MF'ers shouting all kind of shyt at us. Once we got in the stadium it was all good because the Gators owned that MF'in place. After the ass-kicking though they still couldn't refrain from the weak-ass comments as they slunk back to their double-wides. Would I go back? Yeah, not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator