Anyone been to Neyland?

Dekle

Nov 27, 2017
fail.jpg
This should be banned in all stadiums. There should be a "cheekometer" around all gates. If your butt cheeks can be touched on both sides. your azz is too big. Go home. Just not fair to the folks around that also paid for their tickets.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will assume you already have a place to stay.
If not - I always stay at The Tennesseean. It’s across from the convention center.

For something to do (apparently besides your sister- ...damn Durty :)

There’s a pedestrian area called Market Square.
Emilia’s is great - just ate there this past week.
Stock and Barrell for Burgers.
Tupelo Honey and JC Holdway are excellent for southern cooking.
Peter Kerns Library is a speak easy and then there’s Nama for sushi.
There was something else ...hmm.

Oh yeah - don’t sleep on your stomach.
Couldn't agree with this post any more. Stay the hell away from the strip unless you want herpes. Market square is honestly very nice.

Dekle

Nov 27, 2017
Some funny stuff on here but pretty much right on. It can be a rough place. I have not been back since '96 and I live up here. They definitely do not like anything Gator, at all. Not saying you would not have a good time but they are pretty rough. My advice would be if you have some UT fans that you get along with, go with them you'll be ok.

I've only been once and it was the 96 season. Just walking down the road pre-game people were yelling, cussing and spitting at us. Got to a restaurant and not only would I not eat, I told the waitress to bring my beer with the lid on it. Was that bad.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Have been to multiple games there since Spurrier's first in 1990....which was a trouncing of epic proportions. Haven't encountered all the appalling behavior some have described. Yes, yelled at by frat boys, told to go home when settling into our seats, etc. Typical road trip behavior but not unlike other SEC road trips. Nothing like what I've experienced at the WLOCP over the years. Or what friends have described at LSU night games.

Winning most of the time is helpful. I usually keep my gaze straight ahead and just smile and wave when they get nasty. I agree that the stadium is a bit antiquated although I think they have done some modernizing of late. And yes, the seats are very narrow.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
was just in knoxville and my /gator truck was not well received-road by the stadium-POS erector set with lots of rust had a friend tell me he went once and would never go again-he was not mistreated just the nose bleed seats are a long long ways from the field

I had a full beer can thrown at me from the upper deck at approximately the 1:14:11 mark in this video. Other than breathing deeply of that special, sweet aroma of Tennessee misery the best part of the trip was a rolling into town behind a RV with a sign on the back: "Six horny Gators on board, any Volunteers?"

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I was there in 2004....I thought the stadium was going to collapse and had old people throwing rocks and trying to hit us on the way out after they won on that last secondBS field goal.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Twice, '94 (31-0) & '98 (17-20).

No issues with fans. At the end of the '98 game they were too focused on tearing down the goalposts to harass my wife and I as we left.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Not sure if you have a parking pass somewhere. If you dont, the city/county building parking garage is ideal. $20. Pedesteian bridge over Neyland Dr is right there. Just across is Calhouns. Good food, drinks and you will find a lot of fellow Gators there. Its known as a visiting team hangout. Then you have a nice stroll right up the Tennessee river. Right past all the boats and Vol Navy. Stadium is right at the end of it. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180918-100521_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20180918-100521_Google.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 62

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if you have a parking pass somewhere. If you dont, the city/county building parking garage is ideal. $20. Pedesteian bridge over Neyland Dr is right there. Just across is Calhouns. Good food, drinks and you will find a lot of fellow Gators there. Its known as a visiting team hangout. Then you have a nice stroll right up the Tennessee river. Right past all the boats and Vol Navy. Stadium is right at the end of it. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Good info. Thanks. Where is the best place to scalp tickets and any idea how much they are going for?

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Twice, '94 (31-0) & '98 (17-20).

No issues with fans. At the end of the '98 game they were too focused on tearing down the goalposts to harass my wife and I as we left.
I was there in 98. They had no problems harassing my group both pre and post-game. Vols and Noles are easily the worst fans in college football. Will never go near either stadium again.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Good info. Thanks. Where is the best place to scalp tickets and any idea how much they are going for?

You're welcome. City/County garage is safe and secure.
Face value on the tickets is $125.00. From what little I've heard that will probably be in the ballpark of what to expect to pay. I just dont see it being crazy like years ago. Being a late game might have the demand a little higher.
There will be scalpers out away from the stadium. Avoid those. They are trying to get premium prices hoping you dont know what the going rate is. Best place is right in front of the stadium main entrance. Gate 21 to gate 11. An hour before kickoff it will be crowded and busy.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Since we are on the topic of scalping, what are the official "rules" so I don't have to worry about police interaction? Pay no more than face value, or is the process illegal all together?

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Since we are on the topic of scalping, what are the official "rules" so I don't have to worry about police interaction? Pay no more than face value, or is the process illegal all together?

There are no rules or laws against ticket scalping in Knoxville.Buying or selling. Pretty much a free market wherever and whenever. They have had restrictions in the past, most notably you had to be 500 yards from any entrance to buy or sell but they did away with that a few years ago.
As mentioned before your best bet is right in front of stadium 1-2 hours before kickoff.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
The old guy wearing the green jacket outside the UT student center has the best prices. He has the largest network of scalper tickets and is very fair in pricing

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There are no rules or laws against ticket scalping in Knoxville.Buying or selling. Pretty much a free market wherever and whenever. They have had restrictions in the past, most notably you had to be 500 yards from any entrance to buy or sell but they did away with that a few years ago.
As mentioned before your best bet is right in front of stadium 1-2 hours before kickoff.

syracuse-girl-is-so-disgusted.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.