Anyone else get sounds when GC is loaded?

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I get these 'notification' beeps when the GC page is loaded... it's definitely coming from this browser tab.

Anyone else get these?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I used to get a "boop" every time someone posted in the chat box. You can turn that off in the chat box settings. Not sure if that's what you mean or not cause I've never had any other type of audible notification on this site.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
On my tabs (chrome) I see the speaker icon indicating a sound is playing from that tab. But generally I'm at work and have the laptop muted so I have no idea what is making sound on that tab. I haven't paid enough attention to see which tabs it does it for, so I have no idea if it is indicating opening a thread, a thread with new posts, a thread that sings a happy song about how many likes, or what.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I used to get a "boop" every time someone posted in the chat box. You can turn that off in the chat box settings. Not sure if that's what you mean or not cause I've never had any other type of audible notification on this site.

That's exactly what it is. I had to shut it off several weeks ago as well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was told Ox secretly put fish in our computers.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It has to be the chat box. I had GC open on one screen, and was watching a movie on my other one. The film's audio was constantly mixed with that "boop" sound from replies in the chat box. Now I see there is a way to turn it off, thank God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb