Anyone else worried about the prospect of playing UCF in a New Year's 6 bowl?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A matchup nightmare for our secondary. I wanna get Iowa or Wisconsin or some scrubs from the big10 in the citrus bowl.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No. Next question.

You honestly think our Gators have a shot at a New Year's 6 bowl game? That possibility vanished after Missouri.
There’s definitely a possibility. We’ll be 13th at worst this week, and top 12 almost guarantees you a NY6 game. Would be nice if LSU would drop a game the next two weeks though. I’d say at worst we’re looking at the Outback.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I don't want to go bowling with any team that has a strong passing game, especially not one with a DT QB.

That said, I believe we would find a way to win against UCF, so I can't say that I'm worried about it.

@ox - Jerry Palm has us forecast in the Fiesta against UCF, so I guess it's "possible". Depends on how the teams in front of us do the rest of this year, and assumes we win out.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I worry about us not caring about the bowl and losing to a UCF team like Auburn last year

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You honestly think our Gators have a shot at a New Year's 6 bowl game? That possibility vanished after Missouri.
Coulda sworn were projected to play em in the fiesta bowl or some shcit

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Officially, no. Unofficially, I don't think our defense could stop their offense much. I'd not sure their defense could stop our run game. So it would be interesting. Losing to them though would be a major set back for this program though

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lol.... Id LOVE to pay those 1AA jokes.

We would run for 450 yards.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Frankly, I don't want to do anything to help them by playing them in a bowl or them going to a bowl at all for that matter. They are competition, especially in the future. We have plenty of that already.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No. Read the board. They want passing. Actually, thought you were in that boat yourself.
527 total yards with only 160 passing is just unacceptable.
Sigh. Eventually if we want to compete for titles, we're going to have to be able to throw the ball downfield. I didn't think this was a difficult concept.

UForFU

Nov 17, 2017
No.

Not acting like we’d definitely beat them - they’re good - but not worried either. We could run for 400 on them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how it will all play out. But not so sure that would be a matchup we get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb