Anyone have a favorite Bar-b-que Sauce

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n5842 said:
1st Choice BBQ in Brandon or Plant City. Food and sauces are excellent. Black owned and everyone knows they make the best B-Q

Live not far from the Brandon location...been wanting to try it. I've been by there a couple of times during lunch hour and the line is WAY out the door!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n5918 said:
Live not far from the Brandon location...been wanting to try it. I've been by there a couple of times during lunch hour and the line is WAY out the door!
Sounds like you need to try it then. Lines usually mean it's worth the wait!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n5919 said:
Yeah, all the reviews I've read are very positive.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen said:
NavetG8r;n5919 said:
Yeah, all the reviews I've read are very positive.
Sounds like you need to dress the captain up and make him take you out on a date.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Captain?

Attachments

• conv_154.jpeg
    conv_154.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 105

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
Gren, you like it hot. Try some of these chocolate Douglah 7 pots
[video=youtube;U5Opfy1oAzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Opfy1oAzc[/video]
I finally watched it. That was funny but I know how he felt. He rated it "puking hot". :)

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n5625 said:
I love that place and visit whenever im in Texas for work. I've now got everyone here hooked on it and now have to bring back at least 1 big bottle every trip down there. Rudy's is probably my favorite BBQ i've been to. Oklahoma Joe's in KC is a close 2nd.
I had Rudys for the first this past March. It easily lived up to the hype. Amazing place to eat.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n5555 said:
Is that stuff super runny and over-vinegary? That's how most of the BBQ sauces are up here in the Carolinas and why I prefer the Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce when we can find it.
My wife is the same way, and she loved this stuff. It's thick and sweet. Like me.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n6021 said:
My wife is the same way, and she loved this stuff. It's thick and sweet. Like me.
Alrighty then.:lmao:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n6019 said:
I had Rudys for the first this past March. It easily lived up to the hype. Amazing place to eat.
Where at?

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n5393 said:
I like Sweet Baby Ray's, but tried one called Stubbs recently. It's more vinegary and liquidy as opposed to thick like SBR.
For store bought, both of these are very good. Stubbs also has good rubs and beef marinade.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In Jacksonville, MoJo's Is very very good Q. Everything is good, but their burnt ends are amazing.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n6040 said:
Where at?
Down in the Valley, in Brownsville/McAllen. It was my first time there. That place is a freaking dump. They should just cut it off and give it back to Mexico. South Padre Island was cool though.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
Bluefront BBQ sauce out of Riviera Beach is the best I've ever had. They had a restaurant in the worst section of town when I was growing up, but there was a truce there for white people. They've long since closed the restaurant, but you can still get the sauce.
A local, well known urban redevelopment guy bought the plant and the formula and opened up a restaurant in a cool old deco building in Lake Worth. The food is quite different, but the sauce is still the same. I highly recommend the sauce if you can get it online. If you try it, let me know what you think.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
Don't know why, but I thought you were up around Kennesaw/Canton area. Back to BBQ...ever tried Dreamland? I thought it was way overrated.
Went to the one in the ATL/Sandy Springs area about 5 years ago. It was good, but I was pissed they didn't have beef.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin said:
1/2 cup minced onion 4 cloves garlic minced 3/4 cup of Bourbon (whatever brand you like) 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 tablespoon salt 2 cups ketchup 1/4 cup tomato paste 1/3 cup cidar vinegar 2 tablespoons liquid smoke 1/4 Worcestershire 1/2 cup brown sugar Hot sauce (how ever much you like) Cook Bourbon onion and garlic on med for about 10 to 12 min Add everything else and bring to boil Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 min Refrigerate for a couple days before serving
GatorSkin is that a 1/4 cup of Worcestershire? You only have 1/4 Worcestershire but from the list of ingredients it looks 1/4 cup would be about right.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin said:
1/2 cup minced onion 4 cloves garlic minced 3/4 cup of Bourbon (whatever brand you like) 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 tablespoon salt 2 cups ketchup 1/4 cup tomato paste 1/3 cup cidar vinegar 2 tablespoons liquid smoke 1/4 Worcestershire 1/2 cup brown sugar Hot sauce (how ever much you like) Cook Bourbon onion and garlic on med for about 10 to 12 min Add everything else and bring to boil Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 min Refrigerate for a couple days before serving
Yeah it's a 1/4 cup sorry bout that

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.