Anzalone out for season

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
@ZachAbolverdi: Sources: #Gators LB Alex Anzalone suffers season-ending injury https://sec.news/2esxbrl

Well I did not see the game as I am out of the country, but football is a game where if you are not playing hard you can get hurt. I do not mean to accuse individual players who got hurt. But even when the team itself does not play hard injuries can mount. Sadly that seems to have happened to UF on Saturday.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think it makes more sense for him to stay, get healthy and have a go at it as the focal point of the defense. If he stays healthy all of next season and presumably plays well. Scouts will notice, and he could gain a lot of traction for the draft. He has the physical size for the NFL.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
He played in 2 games last year then had a season ending shoulder injury, this year he breaks his arm and is out for the rest of the season. According to SEC Country "He’s yet to decide whether he will enter the NFL Draft or return for his redshirt senior season." The way it's going for him if he returns he'll probably break his neck. If I were him I'd get the heck out of Dodge.
No kidding, he needs to go make some cash while he can.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well I did not see the game as I am out of the country, but football is a game where if you are not playing hard you can get hurt. I do not mean to accuse individual players who got hurt. But even when the team itself does not play hard injuries can mount. Sadly that seems to have happened to UF on Saturday.

While I don't disagree with the premise, in this case my bet is that it is false (and I haven't seen the play in which he got hurt). I don't know that I've seen a player that plays with more reckless abandon than Anzalone. I suspect that he is better than his skillset would suggest, because of his intensity every play. He will be missed.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to put his degree to use and call it a career. His type of injuries over the course of the years are not likely to get better in a world of heavier impacts. I love the kids motor, no doubt, and this is a world where people piss big money for nothing, but I don't see too much of a viable, meaningful career at the next level. My recollection of the play, keeping in mind I'm trying to forget the debacle, is the ground caused this one. The ground is always haunting you in this sport. Again, he is one of my favs when his motor is tuned up and running. Just saying.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to put his degree to use and call it a career. His type of injuries over the course of the years are not likely to get better in a world of heavier impacts. I love the kids motor, no doubt, and this is a world where people piss big money for nothing, but I don't see too much of a viable, meaningful career at the next level. My recollection of the play, keeping in mind I'm trying to forget the debacle, is the ground caused this one. The ground is always haunting you in this sport. Again, he is one of my favs when his motor is tuned up and running. Just saying.

Actually, he was on the ground, but the ground wasn't what caused his injury. It was the Arky RB's shin bone that connected to Alex's arm bone (near his wrist) that did the damage.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Nav... like I said, by that point it was difficult to follow anything through my squinting eyes.. :cool:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Now someone's whining about Grier leaving? Grier was a cheater and punk, who never have should seen the field if UF's coaches and trainers had ANY integrity. Don't hand me the nonsense that they didn't know he was juiced. Even a layman could look at a picture of him and tell he was on steroids. UF is fortunate that they didn't have to forfeit the games he was an illegal participant in.
Anyway, the "insider" scoop was that Del Rio was better than Grier anyway, and that UF's coaches didn't care about Grier because they had someone better?
Karma's a *****, and wherever he is, I'm sure Treon Harris is laughing his ass off after seeing the bus, that Gator fans and coaches threw him under, run over McElwain and his regime. Harris got a raw deal from UF, and now karma is making it's presence known with a vengeance.
Now Del Rio is the scapegoat, but how many QB's does it take replace a light bulb?
The "Tebow Curse" is alive and well, the only hope is that it doesn't last as long as another one having something to do with a goat.

:lol2:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
SC 24 UF 10. LSU 38 UF 10. FSU 35 UF 10. Toilet Bowl game - Other team 34 UF 10. We will be lucky to score 10 points TOTAL unless we make some changes and so far our coaches don't want to make any changes so oh well 6-6 here we come! Middle of the road or in the ditch crap team like Michigan State and Notre Dame this year.

You gotta be high if you think our D can score a TD everygame. We know ST and O can't do it, but I doubt the D can either.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Pumpers will start blaming injuries for everything now.

Hi. Certified Sunshine Pumper here (though, I think my membership will not get renewed after expiring this weekend). I'll say we can't blame the injuries for what comes next. Injuries are a part of sports. What I will blame for the coming losses are a) lack of depth <that is on the coaches> and b) not having the backups ready <on the coaches>. So yeah, not blaming injuries, I'm blaming coaches.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
He has only one of the three "ifs". If he can stay healthy is the one that is missing and really out of his control.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I feel for this kid. He plays hard and is very good, just can't stay healthy.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From my count we have 10-11 starters out for the game or season...how are injuries suppose to be ignored?

I used to think this way, but then after Muschamp I realized our injury issues were more depth issues than injury issues. Depth issues are created by the coaching staff recruiting poorly. It was a tough lesson, but I finally got it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The undercurrent injury list :
Nussmier has a shamstring.
Collins has con'scussion.

Heard this through meditation :
Mac's looking to qualify for the HC job at Fugue State.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.