Are the Ducks now the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three title game eggs.... just sayin.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, they need to lose one more before we make that comparison.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was only two (2011 and yesterday)? Either way, no, let them get to another one then make the comparison.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It could be worse for them. They could be the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NCAA.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think it's fair. They're fun to watch and are still a great team. But when they meet a team that is more physical, and it's for all the marbles, they've failed each time. The truth is, that 2010 Au team was probably as weak a defense as the SEC has put into the NC game in decades, and even they slowed them down. I'd like to see the Ducks win one, but unless it's a fluke matchup that really favors them, I'm not sure I see it. Especially now with the playoff, you're going to get the best in that game, and they don't seem to be able to handle it.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd call them the Peyton Mannings of College football but they haven't choked nearly enough to earn that moniker.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Definitely only played in 2, and lost 2 in recent memory. However, it SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3...

Since they did get screwed out of playing for a third (which would have been their first attempt) back in 2001 (2002 bowls). That was when we also got a bit screwed (due to terrorists), by having to play UT at the end of the season in Dec. Then after beating us by 2 (and essentially robbing Rex of the Heisman, AND us of our NCG spot), Tenn went on to choke vs LSU in the SECCG opening the door for the Ducks (who were #2 in the nation and Pac10 Champs). With a little help from CU who had just walloped Nebraska by 26 AND won the Big12 vs Texas, the Ducks looked to be on their way to the NCG vs Miami... But unbelievably, Crouch still won the Heisman (over Rex by a mere 62 points, in what was the 2nd closest Heisman race in the previous 40 years up to that point), and Nebraska went on to get another ass kicking by the 2001 'Canes. Which probably should have been the Ducks first ass kicking. In which case this most recent egg laying would have counted as their 3rd loss. Making them masters of the omelette (no surprise there, right?).

So, not quite the Bills, but maybe not so far off.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They're not the NCAA Buf-Bills. The Bills are a colorless team.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They'll continue to get exposed until they realize you have to have some beef in the middle to stop the run against quality opponents. Speed is great for offense, pass rush and coverage but it doesn't mean much when you're getting gashed up the middle with 8 men in the box. To me, that was the difference in the game. It also opened up all those deep balls the Bucknuts were throwing. Kinda reminded me of our game against Nebraska...albeit this Bucknuts team wasn't nearly that good.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More like '08 Oklahoma, scored a ton of points against mediocre defenses. Once they face a team with a better than average defense they do nothing.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
One thing is for sure, it is proof positive that the Semenholes had zero business being in the top four.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n150343 said:
One thing is for sure, it is proof positive that the Semenholes had zero business being in the top four.

But you really can't fault the committee for putting them in. FSUcks was the only undefeated team in a Power 5 conference.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150352 said:
But you really can't fault the committee for putting them in. FSUcks was the only undefeated team in a Power 5 conference.

No, but theorize that they had an 8 team playoff instead of 4.....do you think that committee would have seeded them any higher than 5th? They had a golden horseshoe planted firmly in their collective asses this season, ND, Louisville, Clemson, BC, even UF had them beat.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n150361 said:
No, but theorize that they had an 8 team playoff instead of 4.....do you think that committee would have seeded them any higher than 5th? They had a golden horseshoe planted firmly in their collective asses this season, ND, Louisville, Clemson, BC, even UF had them beat.

I agree they would not be in the top 4 but they would have been in the playoffs. The committee was going to give them a chance to prove they were the best. Fsucks just failed to do so.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n150352 said:

It's time to rethink the ACC's position as a Power 5 conference.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n150383 said:
It's time to rethink the ACC's position as a Power 5 conference.

Except the ACC went 4-0 versus their SEC rivals this year.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Ox closed the other thread, but just for posterity's sake...

URBAN IS A PIECE OF :kiffin:!!!

ALL OF HIS FANS ARE :nutswinger:!!!

GO GATORS!!

that is all

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member