Are the Stars Aligning?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I'm not trying to be overly confident/arrogant here, but this roster is LOADED from top to bottom. We have playmakers everywhere. We can rotate legitimately like 15 guys on the dline, roll out 6-8 different widereceivers, a good rb stable, the list goes on and on. I think a QB will emerge from healthy competition and ride this wave to some special places. I'm not saying we will win a natty this year (although kind of has an '06 feel, doesnt it?), but I think this could be THE year the gators take college football by storm and start flexing their muscle ( Phil Steele has Florida as a darkhorse playoff team).

Coach Mac has done a complete 360 turnaround of this roster. This is the first time in a looooong time going into a game, I don't feel apprehensive or unsure, NO, I feel CONFIDENT! I feel like the Gators of OLD in which other teams should be scared to play THE GATORS. Im buying in right now. Now, we still have a lot to prove, but I think we will prove a lot of naysayers wrong. If there was ever a time to buy stock in the program I'd do it right now.

Last edited:

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
Only if taco bell isn't the starting QB. Then put me in for $1000 cash bucks, not going to spend it any other way! Going to have the ball bounce our way more times than none.:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

WORK'EM SILLY GATORS!!!

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I could buy into this if it weren't for two things...Nuss is calling plays and we still don't have a clue what we're doing at QB.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have a good feeling about this team, too. But I also was a fan in the 70s during the Dickey years. Sh#t happens and all of a sudden you are gritting your teeth. IF the injury bug isnt too bad and we get average QB play we can do some big things.............

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
but this roster is LOADED from top to bottom.
meh, top to bottom? I don't agree with that. We are pointed in the right direction though. While inexperienced, we are starting to fill in the gaps, and if the 18 and 19 classes hold and continue to improve, then at that point we may very well be loaded, but I am not willing to say we are there yet.
There are nice pieces all over the board available now, however, those boys are gonna have to grow up very fast to be effective.

I think we are at a turning point though, hopefully we come out against meatchicken like a bullet.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I have a good feeling about this team, too. But I also was a fan in the 70s during the Dickey years. Sh#t happens and all of a sudden you are gritting your teeth. IF the injury bug isnt too bad and we get average QB play we can do some big things.............

Oh man - I was literally just thinking that Del Río at QB as a "game manager" would be like Dickey's "avoid losing" mantra. (I was 11-12 during the Don Gaffney years & that was when I got hooked on the Gators.) then I saw your Dickey post.

Most years there seem to be 3-4 elite teams then a tier of 15 or so teams that are very good. The difference between #5 and #20 is often a handful of plays or a key injury or two. But with the right chemistry and a few breaks a team can pull an upset and crack that elite level. Or it can go the other way. That's where I see the Gators right now.

QB is the key. It's a very big IF. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we can get the OL to protect and whoever our QB is to play above average football, this might be a great year. I'm concerned about defensive depth, too, but we always seem to put out a solid defense.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have to agree with UR and think "LOADED" is not the correct term. Yes we have plenty of players, but top line players is still the question. Yes we have potentially great WR's, but no one has had greater college WR's than LSU the past 10 years who did nothing in college, so I have seen that before. The RB's are good just like every one else's, but no one that is GREAT, but also that is so dependent on the O-line which has been awful the past 2 years. Plenty of guys on the O-line, but can Butters develop them? Plenty of D-linemen but outside of Jefferson who is a known difference maker? I still need to see Zuniga do it consistently against top line competition. LB's are a question as is secondary but with Shannon I expect to see less busted assignments given his history. There is potential, but I don't see a "LOADED" roster of incredible talent on paper. I hope I am wrong tho.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll withhold judgement until after the Michigan game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Edit: somehow double posted like 12 minutes apart. I blame the lack of new lifetime memberships.

Last edited:

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Loaded from top to bottom!!!!!
Were you drinking when you wrote that?
We've got a lot more potential at the skill positions then we've had in a long time and a lot of young guys that could potentially develop into studs all over the roster. But none of them have proven anything how is that loaded!
Plus we still have the same terrible offensive coordinator calling plays with LDR competing for the starting job.

Calm down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator