Are the Stars Aligning?

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
It was close, but we were still 77th in offense. We only dream of finishing as high as 77th these days.
If we even are close to 77th we win 10 games no doubt. Whats concerning me is the simple fact that LDR is taking reps with the ones. I mean is he really on the same physical level as Zaire and Franks? At least they will take off and run for a first down not sit there and be a tackling dummy for the opposing DT's... I just hope both Zaire and Franks are having study sessions with the playbook. What I don't get is Franks has had 3 years to learn the playbook, you're telling me he hasn't learned enough to at least pass LDR??? Seriously???

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we even are close to 77th we win 10 games no doubt. Whats concerning me is the simple fact that LDR is taking reps with the ones. I mean is he really on the same physical level as Zaire and Franks? At least they will take off and run for a first down not sit there and be a tackling dummy for the opposing DT's... I just hope both Zaire and Franks are having study sessions with the playbook. What I don't get is Franks has had 3 years to learn the playbook, you're telling me he hasn't learned enough to at least pass LDR??? Seriously???
Zaire, Franks and LDR are taking reps with the 1's. It's called practice :lol:
It was also first week.
Let's see where we are at following beginning of next week.

Franks has had 3 years to learn the playbook? By what calendar?

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Zaire, Franks and LDR are taking reps with the 1's. It's called practice :lol:
It was also first week.
Let's see where we are at following beginning of next week.

Franks has had 3 years to learn the playbook? By what calendar?

wasn't he a EE? thought this would be his 3rd year with the program...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
wasn't he a EE? thought this would be his 3rd year with the program...
An EE in 2016. He has been here exactly 18 months (well 19 I guess). Did years change to 6 months and nobody told me? :shakehead:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I recently looked back at all the comments directed at our basketball team and baseball team. Didn't pay attention to who wrote them but the theme was generally the same. Our coaches can't coach and our players are not elite. Many posts written quite confidently and with authority. Declarations were made! Our seasons turned out much differently than we were told. In fact, in retrospect....many of the comments are comical.

We are going to be good this year. We are going to be real good next year. We are going to be great in 2 years and many years to follow.

Bank it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

:jerkstore:

If we are close to 77th in offense, we'll be lucky to win 7 games. This defense will take a huge step back with the lack of experience and depth. I mentioned 2007 earlier in this thread. That defense had tons of NFL talent, but were still 40th in points per game because they were young (we were 10th this past year). The offense was 4th in the country that year and they still could only muster a 9-4 season.

I think this defense will be just as bad or worse, so I don't think 10 games is possible without a top 20 offense.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
An EE in 2016. He has been here exactly 18 months (well 19 I guess). Did years change to 6 months and nobody told me? :shakehead:
Franks has been here three years.
Mac is in his 5th year of recruiting.
We've been blown out in every game we lost... and a few we won.
Keep up man!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I recently looked back at all the comments directed at our basketball team and baseball team. Didn't pay attention to who wrote them but the theme was generally the same. Our coaches can't coach and our players are not elite. Many posts written quite confidently and with authority. Declarations were made! Our seasons turned out much differently than we were told. In fact, in retrospect....many of the comments are comical.

We are going to be good this year. We are going to be real good next year. We are going to be great in 2 years and many years to follow.

Bank it.
That sounds like a declaration. Written quite confidently and with authority.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Bank it.

Well the comments were that way the last 7 years in football also and the offense didn't seem to change much.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be cautious about assuming too much too soon. Just because we added a couple Ferraris to the garage doesn't necessarily mean we're ready to zoom cross country, esp when the guy in possession of the keys is an 18-year-old with a piss poor driving record.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be cautious about assuming too much too soon. Just because we added a couple Ferraris to the garage doesn't necessarily mean we're ready to zoom cross country, esp when the guy in possession of the keys is an 18-year-old with a piss poor driving record.
you're such a dumper 78. :grin:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Ferraris????

moped.gif

Compared to what? The Slowskys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.