Are we at rock bottom?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I don't like that much. If you scored 20 points back then, it was considered a "high powered offense" and even showing off.

0-10-1 record doesn't mean much either. Back then, we played #13 Houston (SWAC team then I think), Clown Town, scUM, and Tulsa (Metro same conference as Clowns). I guess you could say Tulsa was a cupcake, but IMO Metro was a much better conference than say CUSA is today. In any event, we didn't play 3 cupcakes then like we do now.

Also, two of our wins were literally freak wins on crazy plays in which the Kintucky defense forgot to play CBs and the Tinerc safety somehow forgot he was playing safety. This team FEELS like a 2 win team rather than a 4 win. That being said, it didn't lose to a 1AA team and yet feels stronger than those late Muschimp teams.

Yes and yes, as I alluded in my post this metric is not perfect. Looking at offensive TDs can not remove fluke TDs like those against UK, but in other seasons UF might have gotten other fluke TDs. Also as you say there is more scoring now so relatively maybe now is worse. Still the offensive TDs and record say 1979.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and yes, as I alluded in my post this metric is not perfect. Looking at offensive TDs can not remove fluke TDs like those against UK, but in other seasons UF might have gotten other fluke TDs. Also as you say there is more scoring now so relatively maybe now is worse. Still the offensive TDs and record say 1979.
Agreed as to 1979 vs 2017.... I'm thinking more about what will be LEFT for the next coach. And that roster and numbers are ugly, especially after you consider all the slow OL and QBs who will soon be moving to other schools.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah losing to Georgia Southern was rock bottom no doubt as we would finish 4-8...

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
The Ga Southern beat was worse than losing to Frazier in the NC. I was in the Bull Gator deck for the game and the Ole Boys were pissed. Kind of like the old guys in the balcony on the Muppits show. Miserable day. Feels like we have never recovered.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, Im into some rum and read it as we haven't recovered from Tommy Frasier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator