ARTICLE: Hire VT's Justin Fuente

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fat chance we chase him based on that cash need. Again, it's all about timing.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Damn man, Mac and Chump have completely beat some of you guys down. The fact that you would say this and be serious is sad.

No, Va Tech is not an equivalent Football School or Job as UF. One has 3 NC, 3 HT winners, plays in the top conference , is in the state with the best recruits, have played in 12 Conference championship games (that's more than Bama if you are keeping track) have won 7, the same number as Bama, etc, etc, etc.

Thank God Stricklin realizes the damage "the greatest AD in the US" has done and is ready to set things straight.

No goddamnit, we are not equal to fuking V Tech. Time for us to remember just who we are again. The Giant was lulled to sleep for awhile, but time to wake the fuk up!

This x's 1,000.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Damn man, Mac and Chump have completely beat some of you guys down. The fact that you would say this and be serious is sad.

No, Va Tech is not an equivalent Football School or Job as UF. One has 3 NC, 3 HT winners, plays in the top conference , is in the state with the best recruits, have played in 12 Conference championship games (that's more than Bama if you are keeping track) have won 7, the same number as Bama, etc, etc, etc.

Thank God Stricklin realizes the damage "the greatest AD in the US" has done and is ready to set things straight.

No goddamnit, we are not equal to fuking V Tech. Time for us to remember just who we are again. The Giant was lulled to sleep for awhile, but time to wake the fuk up!

Great post but it's not a UF vs Va Tech thing. It's a $$$$ thing. There's a greta article out there about the money and P5 coaches moving. It just doesn't happen anymore and even a tier 2 football school like VaTech can afford $6-7 mill to keep him. Guess what? The Big Ten TV money is MORE...what? yes more than the SEC tv money right now. Crazy but TRUE.

Fuente isn't leaving. Sucks but true.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I get it, but here's the thing. Money should never be an issue at UF. Once we identify who we think is best for the job, we should make an offer such that money is just another reason to come. There will certainly always be many other reasons why someone won't make the move, but money should never be one of them. I'm sick and tired of shopping at the bargain bin.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get it, but here's the thing. Money should never be an issue at UF. Once we identify who we think is best for the job, we should make an offer such that money is just another reason to come. There will certainly always be many other reasons why someone won't make the move, but money should never be one of them. I'm sick and tired of shopping at the bargain bin.

A 4 million coach will cost us close to 10 million based on McMuschamp. Otherwise, I agree.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Oh well. Decisions have consequences, and someone decided McMuschamp was worth the $$. Now we're stuck with that. Shouldn't have any impact on what we do going forward. We're talking about the head position that drives a $128M budget. Go get the best guy for the job!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A $6M buyout is nothing compared to the $12.5M buyout we just dodged with Mac. And I think the UAA is in the mood to pay it. I also think they'd be willing to pay $6M+/yr for the right coach.
If I read this right Gundy's buyout is ony $3M
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_417b4ea9-201b-50f7-a60a-5eaf358cf192.html
He currently makes $4.2M so $6M+/yr would be attractive to him.

Frost's buyout is also $3M and if it's true that Nebraska is willing to pay him $6.5M the money is all the same just depends on who you want and who you can get to come. Fuente, Frost, Gundy all cost you about the same.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No one takes Grundy seriously with that haircut. Nor should they.

I’m relieved he’s not even on Stricklin’s radar.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Scores in 2008:

Hawaii 56–10
Miami 26-3
Tennessee 30–6
Ole Miss 30–31 :facepalm:
Arkansas 38–7
#4 LSU 51–21
Kentucky 63–5
#8 Georgia 49–10
Vanderbilt 42–14
#24 South Carolina 56–6
The Citadel 70–19
#23 Florida State 45–15
#1 Alabama 31–20
#2 Oklahoma 24–14

Again, Zambo evidently didn't watch 2008. 51 points on LSU, 63 on Kentucky, 49 on UGA, 56 on USC, 45 on FSU, etc.

Sober up.
Goodness.. we haven’t scored a total 45 points against FSU in the last 3 years combined!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'd probably take Gundy over Frost, but only because he's 50 and a man and not 42 and a man.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Grundy is a proven loser. Let’s try someone who at least has a chance to win something.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
111-51 (.685) isn't exactly a loser.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
I will pass on Fuente. Great game day coach but he has done an awful job in recruiting for the Hokies so far. It has been a mass exodus of top players in the great state of VA going to out of state schools. If he doesn’t turn that around 2018 and 2019 going to be some rough years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
111-51 (.685) isn't exactly a loser.
Ah.....then perhaps we should have just hired Mark Richt?

Gundy will never, ever, win a title at any level. If he left to be a high school coach, he couldn't win one there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In 2014? Yes.
Well, at least we know where you stand. I'd prefer Chimp over Richt. At least then we can fire him and look for someone else. We'd be stuck with Richt for 20 friggin' years with nothing to show for it.

Gundy is the same guy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, at least we know where you stand. I'd prefer Chimp over Richt. At least then we can fire him and look for someone else. We'd be stuck with Richt for 20 friggin' years with nothing to show for it.

Gundy is the same guy.

I don't think Gundy would make it past 12. We've have all sorts of East titles added to the trophy case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.