As a UT fan, I would like to apologize

V

VFL77

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know our classless fan base very well, and the ''**** you Florida'' chants were no surprise, the chants really pissed me off. I often times find myself embarrassed to call myself a Vols fan, due to the classless fan base. With that being said, I would like to personally apologize for the stupidity of our fan base. It might not mean much, but it;s something I wanted to do.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks and you represent well.

Good luck from here out.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well we all have individuals who for whatever reason behave badly, some even post inappropriate things at times. Thanks for posting.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Nice post. Helps keep from painting you all with the same broad brush.

Sep 6, 2014
I've only been to Neyland once, but I found the Vols fans to be, by far, the nicest I've come across in the SEC. I was surprised by the chant...it's more sad than anything. A team beats you 10 times in a row and you start an F-U chant? makes no sense.

but anyways, there's a lot of cool UT fans, so I can't hold this against y'all.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;68912 said:
I've only been to Neyland once, but I found the Vols fans to be, by far, the nicest I've come across in the SEC. I was surprised by the chant...it's more sad than anything. A team beats you 10 times in a row and you start an F-U chant? makes no sense. but anyways, there's a lot of cool UT fans, so I can't hold this against y'all.
I too have found it a good environment when I've visited. I think a few just made a bad judgment.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n68912 said:
I've only been to Neyland once, but I found the Vols fans to be, by far, the nicest I've come across in the SEC. I was surprised by the chant...it's more sad than anything. A team beats you 10 times in a row and you start an F-U chant? makes no sense.

but anyways, there's a lot of cool UT fans, so I can't hold this against y'all.

Well I have heard of many who are not that nice and I have seen some around here who are arrogant dopes. In fact one year I was watching with some folks and almost had to beat one who would not let me avoid his dopey comments by going home. Enjoyed a beat down of the Voles without having to be polite around Vole fans. I wonder what they will be doing when Bama destroys them?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for posting. If you can stay this respectful, feel free to stick around. You'll likely get much less abuse than our resident Tenn whipping boy... of course he earns it. :-)

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VFL77;n68893 said:
I know our classless fan base very well, and the ''**** you Florida'' chants were no surprise, the chants really pissed me off. I often times find myself embarrassed to call myself a Vols fan, due to the classless fan base. With that being said, I would like to personally apologize for the stupidity of our fan base. It might not mean much, but it;s something I wanted to do.

I like what Butch Jones is building there. Within the next couple of years, UT and KY are going to be scary good. If Champ gets out of the way of our offense, we'll be back on top.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the classy post. Some of my closest friends in the world are vol fans, so I know y'all aren't all that bad. Obviously the fanbase is a very frustrated bunch, which is understandable.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I live in Knoxville and I do not attend games because of the fans there. I do appreciate the apology and have a lot of respect for you. I have a lot of respect for where your program is headed and hope the trash is not continued. I am a realist and know fans are going to talk ****, but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. Go Gators, and best of luck on the rest of your season.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw that Muschamp trolled the fans in the post game, on the field interview. Nice.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I kind of liked the chant, it was a gratifying way to leave the stadium. Shows how infuriated we have the Tennessee fanbase. That said, thank you to the OP

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Classy post, OP. We all have bad eggs; at the '93 F$U-UF game the student section was chanting "F*** you Seminoles.. Seminoles F*** YOU!" to the tune of the tomahawk chant. The frustration of losing 10 in a row to us I'm sure had a lot to do with the chant today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator