As a UT fan, I would like to apologize

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great sportsmanship on your part for posting...kind of rare these days. Watching the game I was imagining how frustrated the Vol fans might be at not taking advantage of their opportunities. We know that feeling well. That said, I see Tennessee improving and brighter days are ahead for the program. Thanks again for posting...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Classy thing to do. Hang around for a while. Good Sportsmanship.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n69053 said:
Classy post, OP. We all have bad eggs; at the '93 F$U-UF game the student section was chanting "F*** you Seminoles.. Seminoles F*** YOU!" to the tune of the tomahawk chant. The frustration of losing 10 in a row to us I'm sure had a lot to do with the chant today.
Seems well warranted...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Frustration has a way of bringing out the worse in fans. That being said, it takes character to apologize for others. Good Luck on the balance of your season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you could replace Alvin as our resident Tennessee fan

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n68924 said:
I too have found it a good environment when I've visited. I think a few just made a bad judgment.

Well, if by a few you mean tens of thousands, then yeah. That chant was really, really loud. Sounded like most of the stadium. I was actually quite surprised the announcers got so quiet in that moment. If they would have kept talking it would've drowned it out some. I think they were so surprised by it they just froze for a moment.

VFL 77, Thanks and good luck to you.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n68966 said:
Thanks for the classy post. Some of my closest friends in the world are vol fans, so I know y'all aren't all that bad. Obviously the fanbase is a very frustrated bunch, which is understandable.

Some of my best friends are "vol fans"... Tokenism. :heehee:

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
G8RNGA;n68924 said:
I too have found it a good environment when I've visited. I think a few just made a bad judgment.

I've been to all the SEC east stadiums except for UGA when Florida has played and I would say UT is at the bottom. I've sat with some really nice people but the students are the worst. Every years at UT you hear the "F you Florida". Heard that about 20 times in and around the stadium today. Heck I even got hit with a car! Went to the Bama game last week and I would say those people were the nicest fans I've ever met.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n69233 said:
I've been to all the SEC east stadiums except for UGA when Florida has played and I would say UT is at the bottom. I've sat with some really nice people but the students are the worst. Every years at UT you hear the "F you Florida". Heard that about 20 times in and around the stadium today. Heck I even got hit with a car! Went to the Bama game last week and I would say those people were the nicest fans I've ever met.

Easy to be nice after their boys curb stomped us. :wink:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n69233 said:

Oh yeah, Hit by a car???

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
Alagator;n69244 said:
Oh yeah, Hit by a car???
Walking out of the place this car kept creeping up in a crowd of people and just ran into me. Knocked me off the sidewalk but didn't hurt. Even the UT fans were yelling at the guy. Did have one person say it was I had the wrong shirt on.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Neyland is a reupholstered urinal. Most of their fans are the urinal cake you intentionally piss on to make things smell better.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BearCatGator;n69257 said:
Walking out of the place this car kept creeping up in a crowd of people and just ran into me. Knocked me off the sidewalk but didn't hurt. Even the UT fans were yelling at the guy. Did have one person say it was I had the wrong shirt on.

I think I would have been tempted to kick in the door panel on that sonbitttches car!

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some of the nicest people I know come from Tenn. my wife is one, I know how much frustration you felt after that game. I sincerely hope your team goes on to have a good season. With all the young players you have on your team and a coach who seem to really care about his players I'm sure there are better days ahead for the Vols. Thank you for your post and good luck to the Vols the rest of the year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VFL77;n68893 said:
I know our classless fan base very well, and the ''**** you Florida'' chants were no surprise, the chants really pissed me off. I often times find myself embarrassed to call myself a Vols fan, due to the classless fan base. With that being said, I would like to personally apologize for the stupidity of our fan base. It might not mean much, but it;s something I wanted to do.

Are you also VFL34? If you are who they claim you are, let me say I was always a fan of yours.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the class. Unfortunately, every fan base has its fair share of as*holes.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VFL77;n68893 said:
I know our classless fan base very well, and the ''**** you Florida'' chants were no surprise, the chants really pissed me off. I often times find myself embarrassed to call myself a Vols fan, due to the classless fan base. With that being said, I would like to personally apologize for the stupidity of our fan base. It might not mean much, but it;s something I wanted to do.

:)

A mysterious UT fan comes out of the blue on a Florida message board to bare his trouble soul about the behavior of Vol fans. LOL. We've always known about that small but vocal obnoxious contingent of fans who make the rest of us cringe with their outrageously stupid and insensitive vents.

Take your fake thread and stick it where the Florida sunshine never goes.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n69644 said:
:)

A mysterious UT fan comes out of the blue on a Florida message board to bare his trouble soul about the behavior of Vol fans. LOL. We've always known about that small but vocal obnoxious contingent of fans who make the rest of us cringe with their outrageously stupid and insensitive vents.

Take your fake thread and stick it where the Florida sunshine never goes.

Alvin I bet you guys were crapping your pants when Driskel got benched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.