ASA Miami (JUCO football program in Florida)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We all know Eddie P came from ASA Miami and is considered a "JUCO". However, he never actually played football there. They played 9 games in 2016 and 10 in 2015 - going 7-2 & 8-2.

I've often imagined if there was a JUCO league in Florida, maybe 6 teams across the state, it would be huge for, not only the kids (to be able to play for 2 more years post-HS), but for 4-year schools. Imagine all the OL's and DT's that would come out of those programs....not to mention skill players.

Anyhow, I took a look at their website and roster. It's pretty impressive. They had 1 kid sign w/ Colorado (a DL...plus Colorado got the DT that was committed to us) this Feb and one kid signed w/ FAMU. They have 100 varsity players and 100 JV players. Sure, most of these kids won't ever move on, but being the only JUCO in Florida will allow them to recruit the entire state.

Roster:

http://asasilverstorm.com/sports/fball/2016-17/roster

They've played some interesting teams, I didn't realize there were this many options of teams (ASA blew out most of the teams they played, so I can't imagine what the skill level is):

Elite Performer Sports Academy

University of God's Chosen

Webber International University JV

University of Fort Lauderdale (NAIA school?, started football in 2016)

Florida Sports Academy (which is IMG, I think)

Palmetto Prep

Alabama Prep

Georgia Prep Sports Academy

Gattaca

Advance Prep Academy

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Nice work, BMF. Very interesting list of opponents.

I googled their campus location. It used to be a waterfront Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Not sure just how academically focused they are, but I agree it's good for football in Florida to have them around.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah, this would be great. UF could become Mississippi State even faster on the JUCO treadmill. Imagine all the scholarship years UF could waste singing JUCO after JUCO.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, this would be great. UF could become Mississippi State even faster on the JUCO treadmill. Imagine all the scholarship years UF could waste singing JUCO after JUCO.

Yeah, that's what I said. Totally what I said. I want us to become a JUCO signing machine... SMH

Dude, it's a long off-season. If you have ideas for thread topics, by all means, I think we'd all like something to talk about....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters and Stricklin have the plan.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Yeah, that's what I said. Totally what I said. I want us to become a JUCO signing machine... SMH

Dude, it's a long off-season. If you have ideas for thread topics, by all means, I think we'd all like something to talk about....

...that isn't political and rife with insults.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator