At least we are winning the recruiting war, oh for goodness sake!

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
Anybody checked our recruiting lately? According to Scout we are 31! Scout's rankings only go back to 2002 and our lowest class ranking was in 2011 at 25. We are ranked 12th in the conference behind everybody except Missouri and Vandy. I hope some of these prospects that have Florida listed as a school of interest sign with us or we could be in major trouble the next few years. Hell even Zook could win 8 games by just recruiting good players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PUMPERS: Muschimp is a great recruiter.

Oct 5, 2014
Watching the weekend games, I realized that teams like Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. State, (and even LSU) have much better athletes than we have in several critical positions.

Although Muschamp is not currently the best coach in the SEC, he is also not the worst. He is certainly having a better year than Spurrier and some others. The area in which I would most criticize him is RECRUITING!

Those other SEC teams have big, fast, athletic players on offense and defense. The gators - not so much.

I remember the 2008 Gators and the talent they had at running back and receiver - Murphy, Cooper, Harvin, Nelson, and Hernandez. All of those guys have found a home in the NFL. Looking at the receivers we have today, I do not see anyone on offense (except for Debose) who might have an NFL career. One possible exception could be Richardson who appears to have the same physical abilities as David Nelson - without the hands.

I think we do have NFL prospects on defense.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n78532 said:
It's obvious that you're okay with the product on the field. We get it.

It's obvious that most on here are not ok with the product on the field. We get it.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Listening to Mick after the game, he said that either the staff is miscalculating on the talent level of the kids they are signing or the staff just isn't getting the most out of them. Honest assessment and more candid than I expected from Mick.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;78621 said:
Listening to Mick after the game, he said that either the staff is miscalculating on the talent level of the kids they are signing or the staff just isn't getting the most out of them. Honest assessment and more candid than I expected from Mick.
And he's the pied piper pumper.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n78621 said:

I get the feeling it is both.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n78532 said:
It's obvious that you're okay with the product on the field. We get it.

:lmao: I love you guys. Very entertaining :popcorn:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty scary. Recruits are waiting...Foley needs to axe this feeble attempt at coaching in the SEC and move on. Get some candidates in line and get a jump on next year. Muschump is pathetic across the board. This was a complete failure.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n78646 said:
Pretty scary. Recruits are waiting...Foley needs to axe this feeble attempt at coaching in the SEC and move on. Get some candidates in line and get a jump on next year. Muschump is pathetic across the board. This was a complete failure.
I've always gotten the feeling you wanted Muschamp replaced.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
As usual many here have a problem with premature evaluation. The story of their lives. Try to think of something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.